The hotel is fantastic and is very clean and well kept. The swimming pool is also very well looked after even though it is cold, but makes a welcome relief to the heat. It was very hot about 90c and this was mid May. There are two minuses to the hotel.. firstly I would say that the food is pretty dire, which is such a shame. Its a buffet type meal, but its very bland and pretty much everybody I met started dreading meal times and started eating out.
The other minus is the hotels position. Its about a 45 minute walk from Skala. We enjoyed the walk as we are still pretty young, but some people may find this difficult. Its downhill to town which is great and you can get a taxi back for 5 euros..though these stop before midnight so don't have a late night.
I would highly recommend First Choices Meza night which is the Greek night and is held in a wonderful Taverna in Poros. Makis who owns the Taverna has a bit part in Captain Corelli and is such a character..
All in all we loved Kefalonia and will definitely be going back.. We may not stay at this hotel but we shall certainly stay in Skala.. and next time I will definitely be taking Car Hire.. this is a must in Kefalonia to get around//
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Porto Skala Hotel Village - 4 **** - Kefalonia Island - Greece Porto Skala Hotel - Village is a spacious complex set in attractive gardens and quiet surroundings. It is perfectly placed in an amphitheatric shape and enjoys marvellous views to the Ionian Sea. The architecture is this of a traditional Greek village and all rooms and public lounges are bright, comfortable, with sea views and along with the attentive staff create a friendly and relaxing atmosphere. Just 10m from the hotel are steps leading to a secluded quit and unspoiled natural pebble beach with crystal Sea waters ideal for swimming and snorkelling. Hotels' Restaurant operates rich buffet and offers magnificent recipes and flavours inspired from Greek traditional Cuisine. All units of Porto Skala Hotel - Village are furnished with high aesthetic and offer private balcony, bathroom, and all up-to-date facilities such as air-condition, Satellite TV, radio-music, direct-dial phone, mini-fridge, coffee & tea making facilities, hair-dryer and private safety deposit box. Double rooms sleep up to 3 adults. Every family can feel at home in Porto Skala Hotel - Village, that offers a safe environment for the children and accommodate families in: Standard double-bedded rooms plus bunk beds for the children or in two twin rooms with an interconnecting door. The Hotel is situated 3 Km away from the center of the beautiful "Skala" Village where you can find a selection of shops, bars and restaurants, 1.5 Km. away from the beginning of its popular sandy beach and 8.5 Km away from the pretty little harbour of "Poros" and the romantic village with the same name. Opposite and near the hotel is not guarded place to leave your car. Facilities: Restaurant Pool/Snack bar Wi-Fi Internet Free in Public Areas Internet Corner Conference Room Dolby Surround Movies' Studio Billiards Mini Shop Complimentary Shuttle Service Laundry Service Pool Paddling Pool Fitness Room Children's Playground Mini-Crazy golf Table Tennis AWARDED HOTEL: VALUE FOR MONEY ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Porto Skala Hotel & Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Skala Hotel And Village Resort
- Porto Skala Hotel & Village Skala