“Hidden gem?”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem?”
Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Out of the way at the back of the main church square we found this on last night. Very traditional and good for this. The view before sunset out to sea would be good too. Discrete Greek service.

• Greek first
Kent
“lucky find!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We went to The Manor House by accident - we had won a free meal the previous night at Sallys Bar - Quiz Night!
The view from the restaurant was stunning - the service was extremely friendly - and the food was absolutely delicious!! We were so impressed we returned on a couple more occassions during our stay - Highly recommended!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank BILLRKent
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely Place !!”
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Set back from the high street at the top, don't miss this lovely place. Food was excellent at a good price and the family are very welcoming. Service is good too. Highly recommended !!

Visited June 2012
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
“To the Manor Forlorn”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

One big piece of advice: Do not go to the Manor House!

I've been to Skala for MANY years and used to like the Manor, and even rated it once. But now, after this year's visit, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! And I can't say I wasn't warned by other people I met at the resort.

It's still a good looking place with good seating and views, but the point of a restaurant is that it should serve good food - and serve it within a reasonable time.

On this visit, we were first in at 7:00pm and got our order in by 7:15, as other diners started to arrive. We only ordered simple things: a steak (medium) and a pork dish. FORTY minutes later, as I was about to demand service, the dishes arrived. The plates were cold; the steak was a piece of old cow that must have stopped milking months ago and which was over well-done; the pork was an old piece that had been re-heated and covered in a boiling sauce of mushrooms, etc.

Didn't want a scene. We tried eating. Impossible. So when waitress came to ask if the meal was fine we both pushed our plates away and said, 'No, they are awful!' I further said that it was unacceptable to pay for this and demanded that at least one of the meals be left off the bill. Well, that started a furious argument - and subsequently, fruitless, as i didn't want a stand-up row and police being called. In the end, I paid and left.

When I mentioned this to a couple int eh resort they told me they had been there the night before and waited an HOUR and a Half for food - and it was also terrible!

Moral of the story: some restaurants are just not consistent. This one is rubbish.

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank N18MER
Staffordshire
“The Two Poppys”
Reviewed June 2, 2012

There is nothing to dislike. The location, the food, the atmosphere are all fabulous but what makes this taverna so special are the two Poppys (actually Poppy and Poppie). Nothing is too much trouble even Greek lessons if you want them! Try an assortment of starters ..all delicious, or the liver or the sole or the........try everything!!

Visited May 2012