“Trad' taverna”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Order the grilled octopus.
Eat the grilled octopus.
Enjoy.
The staff are friendly and it has a lovely atmosphere. Greek dancing every night but we were their early so we missed that.

The halloumi was good also, but the grilled octopus, just excellent.

1  Thank Muppetsontour

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

On our first night in Skala Dino our host advised us that there plenty of good restaurants up the side streets, so on our 2nd night me and the wife found Kaliva a friendly and busy restaurant, I had a a cheese pie for starter which opened my eyes to baked feta cheese, my wife had the garlic mushrooms, for main I had my 1st ever Stifado which was absolutely lovely and my wife had the lamb kleftiko which my wife loved, overall I would recommend Kaliva to any visitor to Skala

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Used to visit this restaurant in 2011 and it was very good – the only place doing a traditional Greek dance every night. Good food and good fun back then.

What a difference. Prices have increased; portions decreased and quality was poor. Worst Lamb Kleftico in Skala IMHO. Appears to be the same owner but lots of new waiters (the one in 2011 who did the dancing was not there).

Worst meal of the holiday. I am amazed that people are praising it so much. Different expectations or different experiences? Who knows. Steer clear is my advice.

1  Thank 19Nurse
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Just what we are looking for in a taverna. Great choice of traditional Greek dishes (the best giovetsi I have ever had) and very good service. Traditional greek music playing quietly in the background, allowing you to talk to your fellow diners. Down a small side street, so not too much passing traffic.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Had a full English breakfast here almost every day! For 5 euros it was definitely worth it. Food at night was nice too.