“getting busy”

Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Recommended to us in first couple of days in Skala. Very pleasantly surprised, both excellent food and service. This restaurant seems to be taking off in a big way with people booking as with others at top of the ratings. Herb bread toasted with ophthalmic butter and an olive tapanade, beautiful melt in the mouth pork with Aubergines. Welcome to the new pretender.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Tried to get into Gourgois last night, ( think thats how you spell it as on my mobile & can't check, plus we can't pronounce it so calling it Gorgonzola!) but as it was full we plumped for Ta Pitharia. I mean, you cant go too wrong can you? Starters were good, tasty, maybe my partners 3 cheese was a bit bland n just.....cheesey! Mains of lamb on a spit was bland, no distinct flavours just food with little effort & my kefalonian pie (the second i'd tried, first being at Galera) was possibly from the ever pinging microwave I kept hearing but was also cold. Didnt complain as could only envisage it returning more pinged! Soggy not crispy! We still have over a week left in Skala & KNOW which restaurant we WON'T be returning to. Oh & forgot to mention the waiter who constantly walked past us to/from the kitchen sniffing....quite off putting after you notice him doing it you just keep hearing it!

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I need to start by apologising because most of the other reviewers of this restaurant seem to have enjoyed their experience, we're afraid we will have to differ. My meal was not great and my partner's mousaka was burnt but the staff did not seem to be greatly bothered even though they did exchange it. It's all very well changing it but by the time the new dish was served I had nearly finished my meal - so altogether not a great experience and the staff seemed none too bothered.

1  Thank Gwespyr
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We were asked to visit by Christos from Veronica's the jewellers, as he had re-opened this restaurant with some friends, and wanted some honest feedback, It was very busy the night we first went, the food was good, we had the fresh fish very nice and reasonably priced. Although the service was okay, there could have been a little more warmth and personality from the staff. It was good enough for a second visit.

1  Thank Avril041
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Apparently, this restaurant has recently re-opened with new management.

Our opinion was that the food was very plentiful - too much so in the case of my rissoto, very tasty and a big choice of dishes, probably the best choice of traditional Greek dishes of all the Greek restaurants in Scala.

The decor and location is fine. Prices are competative.

We would note the atmosphere at the time we ate there - maybe early in the evening/season, but could do with background music. It felt like you had to whisper. The only other niggle would be the 2 male waiters/owners. As nice and polite and helpful as they are, they had very little personality or interest. It appeared they were out of their comfort zone and appeared awkward. There was a female who appeared to be serving and clearing, but she needs some sort of uniform though she did have a big smile.

This restaurant will be up there with the best, I am sure. Dine here with confidence, my little niggles and opinions are only that - mine.

1  Thank boydel