In summary - good hotel, friendly reception, nice clean rooms, nice clean pool.
We stayed half board, buffet was nice, we did this as we like to eat out, and Greek food is such a treat.
Some nice touches, we arrived late, so they made sure we had dinner before checking in. On departure, they provided a room to shower and change in as we left late too.
Scala is a infrequent courtesy bus / taxi (6 euro) away, it is probably why you chose Kefalonia, a smallish town, with nice restaurants / bars, cute town square.
The hotel does not have a beach. So be prepared to travel, hire a car in advance they were tricky to get last minute, but you need to explore this lovely island anyway!
Hire a boat from Scala, great fun, and a different way to see the island, and dolphins in our case.
Negatives, not many really - there was a banging door on the (our) first floor, I suspect this was the staff but I should have complained really. Pool service for the free towels couldn't provide them first day "they're still at the laundry".
I dont regret staying at the hotel, it was really nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrender to comfort at the Apostolata Island Resort & Spa. Beautifully situated on a hillside slopping gently to the sea allowing dazzling Mediterranean views. Enjoy pampering spa treatments, sailing, swimming, followed by delicious meals. Visit the village of Scala, famous for its Roman Villa or explore the village of Poros all within easy reach of our Kefalonia hotel. Discover the personal service and amenities of this hidden gem, a perfect retreat for a relaxing holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Bookgreece.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Apostolata Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mareblue Apostolata Hotel Skala
- Mareblue Apostolata Resort And Spa