We booked this place trough Internet where it was very clear that this was a five star hotel and spa. With a private beach.
Nice staff. Nice view from our room. Big rooms. Nice view from the pool.
Where to begin;) the food was under mediocre at best! We were there 10 days and the last 4-5 days we had just butter and bread for breakfast and lunch.
The food was reheated day after day. The chefs obviously lacked inspiration. We felt that everything tasted the same.
The scrambled eggs looked very unappetizing and the omelette was dry and old. The guy that made those was one of the few of the staff with very bad attitude.
We had a baby with us. But could not get 3 towels to the pool. Just 2. And we could not get new towels before 3 days had passed.
If you have a stroller or kids it was a lot of stairs and steep hills.
The private "beach" was not a beach, only rocks and not accessible for small children:-(.
During our 10 day stay we only once ordered cocktails from the lobby bar. We ordered one mojito and one capirinha. Unfortunately, the cocktails were undrinkable, and we complained to the bartender. He sincerely could not understand why we didn't like the drinks he made and he found the recipe in a book and showed it to us...there was no apologize!
It says there is a playground for kids. It was an old and dirty place with a strange smell that made us dizzy. it was full of spiderwebs. We asked the staff at the pool restaurant if someone could please clean it. Nothing happened during 10 days. We had to clean it ourselves!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrender to comfort at the Apostolata Island Resort & Spa. Beautifully situated on a hillside slopping gently to the sea allowing dazzling Mediterranean views. Enjoy pampering spa treatments, sailing, swimming, followed by delicious meals. Visit the village of Scala, famous for its Roman Villa or explore the village of Poros all within easy reach of our Kefalonia hotel. Discover the personal service and amenities of this hidden gem, a perfect retreat for a relaxing holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Bookgreece.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and Priceline so you can book your Apostolata Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mareblue Apostolata Hotel Skala
- Mareblue Apostolata Resort And Spa