“Wonderful Restaurant”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Restaurant”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My partner and I love Greek food but we ate here three times and we only had a week in Akaka. Whoever wrote the house wine was the worst in Akaka must be used to drinking poor wine as Il Destinos is a lovely smooth Cabernet and only €5 ! The food is superb, the staff friendly an attentive ( the owner is a lovely lady, passionate about her restaurant, she spoke to us at length about the influences she has incorporated into 'her baby'). The food is fresh, well cooked and the little touches like the beautiful glassware (all tables seemed to have something different) cutlery, even Altea salt made it a memorable experience. To top all this off, the decor is beautiful, no expense spared and the music.....late lounge ambient classy listening. Nothing was too much trouble. My partner and I eat out a lot and know good food. This is a slice of Italy in beautiful Kefalonia.

• Greek first
Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Lovely Setting”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

The missus and I stopped here for a meal being as its a lovely looking restaurant. Once you are all Greeked out with salad and lamb, its a bit of a change to have a nice Italian meal what with Italy just a couple of hundred miles away. The staff are very attentive to all you needs and make you feel special.

Visited September 2013
Boroughbridge, United Kingdom
“Pretty dire.”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

At best an average restaurant, my wife would no doubt disagree and say very poor. She disliked as soon as we walked in, and it went downhill from there. The house wine was the poorest that we encountered in Skala. Food was at best edible, the prices do not reflect the quality. Give it a
Miss and stick to Greek food......when in Rome etc.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best food in Skala”
Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

A couple recommended this place to us, we ventured, and we were amazed. The decor, service and atmosphere were superb. We asked what was recommended on the menu for our mains, the mushroom risotto was the best I have ever tasted and was bit disappointed! I cook a pretty faultless one myself so I am hard to please! The pasta is all fresh cooked, our starters bruschetta type dishes were extremely tasty. The service was fantastic, we were given a free Tiramisu which again was the best I have ever tasted. I'm not one to go to Greece and eat other foreign food as I enjoy the local dishes, but I am gutted to have only discovered this place on our second to last night as would have eaten there more than once. Could not fault and would highly recommend!

Southampton, United Kingdom
“OK but not exceptional”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

I think I must have got used to the high standard of other restaurants in Skala, or maybe I just prefer Greek food to Italian, but I was not all that impressed with this place. The lasagne I had was fine, nothing wrong with it, but have had much better ones in the UK. The pizza was so heaped with cheese it was just too much. I think you will eat OK here, and it is definitely not the worst place, but not the best either.

• Visited August 2013