“Not a good visit this year”
Review of Il Destino

Il Destino
Ranked #30 of 53 Restaurants in Skala
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We have been going to Skala for the last 9 years, and the last 4 or 5 years we have been to Il Destino. This year we were very disappointed with the food. It used to be very high quality - but this year was stodgy and unappetising. One of us had spagetti with bolognese - which had virtually no meat in it. In the past we have had fantastic food here - lets hope it improves over the season.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Lovely food and restaurant. woukd recommened! waitresses work very hard. My only critisism was that I found the owner to be a bit distracting watching very carefully what the waiters do, made me feel nervous for them!

Reviewed June 11, 2012

This is a spacious restaurant with very comfy seating and chandeliers! I would say it's an Italian with Greek influences rather than an authentic Italian restaurant, for example there's no prosecco on the wine list. That said, the portions are large and the food is bursting with flavour, although my pizza was disappointing. Prices are on a par with most of the other places we ate in, and our server was very friendly too. Did lack a bit of atmosphere, but we ate early, it could have improved later on.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

To die for... this is a gorgeous resturant. A little more expensive than some in resort but well worth it. Service is excellet and food fantastic. My husband had the Mer Risotto which was great too. Don't just take my word for it, a must if your visiting Skala.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

This was our second visit to Skala, and we ate here last time, and remember that the food was OK, we opted to eat here again and in seven days ate here 3 times. The food is superb, is relatively cheap, the house wine is excellent, and service attentive without being too much and you are made to feel very welcome.
If you are fed up with Greek food go here – you will not be disappointed, and you will want to go again.
I choose the risotto di mare, which comes in a pan straight to the table. Looked impressive, and you just wanted to eat the food (hey this is what it’s all about). The flavours were very well balanced, with some mussels and giant prawns. The portion size was perfect – enough to fill you up – but not so much that you felt ill. It was so good that I ordered this again on the next visit.
Ok so they may not know the precise names for some of the pastas, but who cares, I always make allowances when you are translating Italian to Greek and then to English – some things will get lost – no doubt some Italians laugh at some of the UK menus in some Italian style restaurants.
Please give it a try it is a great place to eat and chef is doing some great stuff in the kitchen.

1  Thank jonacuk