1,002 results
All reviewsjacuzzi bathsea viewpresidential suitenext yearpool areafour poster bedbreakfast roombeautiful hotelwaiter servicenothing is too much troublebeach bedschanged dailycomfortable sunbedsoverlooking the beachacross the roadmemorable holidaybed linen
Reviewed June 2, 2011

Let's start with the person who gave this hotel 1 star, no idea what they are on about, assume it is rivals trying to put the hotel down???? Love the way they treat you when you arrive, sit you down get you a drink and biscuits whilst the paperwork is done. The rooms are spacious and our bathroom had jacuzzi and shower, not that you really want a jacuzzi after a hot lazy day around the pool!! The pool is lovely and with a great idea of putting towels out around 9.00 on each bed and ensuring no idiot gets up and places there own towels on the bed at stupid o'clock, had no problems getting a bed each day but it did start to get a little busy towards the end of our stay. Might be an idea to become an adults only hotel as children did spoil the relaxation ( sorry all you parents will hate me but it's true ). The staff as everyone says were brilliant, Napoleon always gets a mention but my favourite barman was the one with greying hair, a bit cooler than the others, wears his waistcoat a bit slacker his trousers slightly longer, loved him, makes great milkshakes and frappes too, also liked the Rod Stewart look-alike too. The prices for drinks and food at the hotel are very reasonable and to be honest of a better standard than in town, although we had good meals out too. It is about 10 mins walk to the town, but please visit Fisikardo, wonderful harbour town to die for.
Right now for the not so good stuff, please do not be put off by this as the place is great but if management read this it could be the best. Air conditioning wasn't that great, never really got cool, we found it better leaving the balcony door open. The tv is hopeless, most hotels have a list of what is on each channel, not here, it's totally random, and only 1 english speaking channel, CNN, absolute rubbish, even the bar downstairs had a rubbish picture, The champions league final was a farce. When we asked at reception the only guy I wasn't that keen on seemed to think it was ok to have only 1 English channel and then proceeded to try and say that eurosport was in English ( it wasn't ), it's not just the lack of English channels its the poor picture quality too ( get it sorted ). Paying for the beds on the beach, yes to non residents but no to people who have paid to stay there, no top 5 star hotel would charge for using beds, imagine sitting in the Seychelles outside your 5 star hotel and a little guy comes around asking for money, no way!!
Overall this is one of if not the best hotel we have stayed in and we normally go away 2 to 3 times a year for the last 20 years, so that is pretty good going, highly reccomended

4  Thank DibsterLeeds
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We have just returned from the Regina and we had a fantastic time. The hotel itself is lovely and the staff cannot help you enough. We had a garden view room (713) which also overlooked the sea, so we still had quite a good view.
The manager, Anastacia is always around to make sure that everthing is okay and she gave us a bottle of wine when we checked out which was a nice touch. The bar staff are great - thanks to Napoleon for looking after us and feeding us a new line from Monty Python everyday!
Breakfast was good and we also had a few evening meals at the hotel and they were probably the best we had all week.
This has to be one of the best hotels in skala and we would recommend it to anyone.
We met some lovely people and hope to return in the future.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Katy_David
Reviewed May 25, 2011

We have just returned from our honeymoon at the Regina hotel. We just had to write a review on this fabulous hotel! We enjoyed 2 weeks of total relaxation. The hotel is beautiful. The staff are out if this world, Anastatia is the most helpful manager I have ever met, nothing was ever to much trouble for her. We are already missing napoleon the barman who us a total asset to the hotel, such character. The whole holiday was a wonderful experience!! Thank you to all the staff at the Regina for making our honeymoon a very memorable one.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank Sarahrohman
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I cannot praise highly enough the staff at the regina dell acqua, especially Anastasia, so friendly and helpfull.
The hotel is clean and comfortable, is situated within easy reach of restaurants, and bars.
The pool area is great, with with comfortable beds and towels provided, overlooking the beautiful ionian sea.
Perfect chilling out place to relax and unwind.

Reviewed May 20, 2011

Before I start I have to say this was not our 'normal' type of holiday and I never write reviews but I just felt that I had to tell people about this fabulous hotel.
Our holidays are normally cultural type of holidays. So this was a first for a 'sun/beach' holiday and I have to say the hotel just made it for us.
On arrival we got greeted by the lovely Natasha and invited to sit on the balcony with complimentary drinks and nibbles while the paperwork was being done. The holiday rep (Lucia) also gave us all the information we needed while this was being done. Our bags were brought to our room...we didn't have to touch them from getting off the bus until they were in our room.
The room was lovely (701). Food in the hotel was nice. The pool was brilliant..not one of these small things that if you did 3 strokes you'd reach the other end...it was a proper pool and so clean.
We were lucky in that we stayed right at the beginning of the season so the hotel wasn't fully booked so it was quiet....just what we wanted. There were another 5 couples and no kids (would be ok for kids to stay tho') Natasha told us it was fully booked from 15th May. The nice thing about this hotel is that it feels very personal - you feel like you're staying in their house rather than a hotel. But one of the best things about this hotel is the staff. I have to give special mention to Napoleon and Adonis. Adonis put up with my quirky off-menu choices with a smile and a bit of banter. Napoleon is definitely the best barman I've met.....he even beats the Irish barmen and I'm Irish!!
When we were checking out, Natasha gave us a bottle of local wine (Rebola...really good dry wine), with a little silver trinket tied around the neck of the bottle of the wine plus a CD of Greek music...it was such a nice touch.
Okay - I could go on and on about the hotel and I know you just want the really important points if you're reading this so I'll try and put in bullet points :)
• -Really clean
• -Room was spacious – nice decor, we had double bed, wardrobe (but could do with more hangers), 3 chest of drawers and 2 bedside lockers. Had a balcony but we paid extra. Non smoking rooms so I needed somewhere to have a ciggy! :) Bed linen got changed daily.
• Bathrobes were supplied and were really fluffy. Bliss to sit on the balcony in them in the mornings :)
• Bathroom – had a Jacuzzi bath but when I used it the bathroom was going to be flooded, so turned it off immediately. No stand up shower (could have been just the room we were in), so had to sit in the bath and use hand held shower. Usual hair dryers that hotels have. Bath gel, soap and shampoo supplied (very small bottles but sufficient and get replaced daily if need be). Towels got changed daily even though we didn't leave them out to be replaced.
• Balcony had 2 wrought iron chairs with detachable cushions. As previous reviews say, the balconies are quite close but if you don't want to talk to your neighbours then you don't have to. It was lovely getting up early in the morning and sitting there watching the sun rise.
• Pool area - big enough if you want to swim lengths. Previous reviews have said it was too cold but it's always going to be cold when you go from hot sun into cool water! The sun beds were really comfortable and there were plenty of them. Background music was a bit hit and miss. There could be no music (my preference as I wanted to listen to the sound of the sea) or there could be quite good music, or you could end up with the same song repeated over and over, which I think will be sorted by now(hotel had a new computer system)
• Location: The hotel is about a 13 min walk to the Main St. That’s at a medium pace walk. There is a path the whole way which is well lit at night time. If walking from the hotel to the town, the road is on your right and the beach is on your left. On the way to the town there are various hotels/restaurants/bars.
• Food: I have to say we were disappointed in the food in general in the town. We went B&B in the hotel so that we could experience the local food but found that the majority of restaurants were serving food to satisfy the tourists tastes. I found that everything was served with chips. My other half would try everything that's on the menu but he found it to be bland, tasteless etc. Because of that, we ended up eating in the hotel most nights as we found that the food there was the best of the town. We tried 6 or 7 other places for lunch pr dinner. Please don’t read that it was a hardship to eat in the hotel!! I regret not going half board so we could better value for money 
• Breakfast: You had loads of choices! Cereals, fruit, different types of fresh bread which you could toast if you wanted to, coffee, tea, rashers (streaky rashers to me), Greek type sausages which I thought were lovely (and I'm a fussy eater!), eggs any way you want ,tomatoes, baked beans, mushrooms, yoghurts....and then cakes, different cakes/pastries each day. Yes at breakfast time you can eat cake if you want to :) It’s a buffet type breakfast but there is waiting staff there to help you if you need it.
• The Town: All the locals are so friendly. I know you think it'll be just because it's their trade but they go out of their way for you for any little thing. It's a small town so if you don't want to sit by the pool/beach all day then hire a car. We didn't hire a car cause we just wanted to completely relax but the other guests did and enjoyed their day trips - plenty to see and lots of variety I was told.
• Weather: Well we arrived on 1st May so we were quite early in the season, I still managed to get a good tan :) Yes it gets windy at the pool area but I'm sure later in the season you would be glad of that wind :)
I have to say that any of my 'niggles' mentioned above were never mentioned to Natasha or any of the staff. They just didn't seem important enough to be mentioned. I'm sure that if you did make a complaint that it would be dealt with immediately and to your satisfaction.
So much for a 'little' review!!! I'm sure you're bored by now! I hope that if you do book this hotel that you have a fabulous time and get treated like royalty.....just like we did :)
And to the hotel staff that are reading this: Thank you for treating us so well and looking after us. Napoleon - thank you for just turning up with a sweater for Ray so that he wasn't cold for the rest of the week :) xx

1  Thank kazzer11