“An excellent restaurant with a great atmosphere.”

Ranked #17 of 53 Restaurants in Skala
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2009

We have visited Skala a number of times over the past five years and we have sampled a variety of restaurants in the town. The Aquarius restaurant is a favourite that we always seem to end up coming back to. It offers excellent quality traditional Greek food,often with an interesting twist. As a family we have appreciated the warm welcome and consistently high quality food. Staff, however busy, have taken time to chat to our children while ensuring our dining experience was relaxing and thoroughly enjoyable.
The restaurant is off the main street a bit and can be difficult to find but really is worth the hunt.

Reviewed August 22, 2009

we had a fantastic meal in Aquarius, the food was great the staff couldnt do enough for us and it was great value for money!!!! it will be the first resturant we will visit when we return to kefalonia!! see you again!!

Reviewed August 13, 2009

This was the first restaurant we visited on our recent holiday with high expectations. To we came away disappointed is an under statement , in fact that this establishment had good reviews filled us with dread regarding the standard of other venues in Scala. I had a feta cheese starter which was adequate. Main course I had the Bekri meze, which was way to small a portion. My partner's meal was so uninspiring that she quickly blanked it out of her memory. The point that really disappointed me was I ordered a Brandy and asked for 7*, the Brandy came and it was the inferior 3*, I asked for the bill and was charged the premium price. My partner asked me not to make a fuss on our first night, so I left the Brandy half drunk on an upturned saucer to leave the message that the scam had been noticed.

Reviewed July 29, 2009

This is a hidden jewel among the other dross in Skala, the food was superb and much of a traditional local nature than the larger restaurants and far better value than the awful Pines. Service was very freindly and informed, atmosphere was wonderful with an excellent range of wines availble.

Reviewed June 17, 2009

We were in Skala last week and took great pleasure in trying a different place to eat every night!! We usually ate out at about 10pm (which takes some getting used to) and we went to many different types of restaurant eating variety of foods (Greek, Italian, Western) and our favourite by far was Aquarius (so much so that we went there twice!!). The service is excellent and staff very friendly, its not so rush, rush like many other restaurants, they let you sit, and digest your food before putting more in front of you! Nice location, over looking the sea and great selection that even the pickyiest of eaters can choose off. My favourite was the carbonara (not greek i know!) but have tried carbonaras all over the world and this was by far the best one! I also tried their lobster spaghetti, fantastic with lots of full flavours and half a lobster on top! My partner had sea bass, fresh and whole - fantastic and very well priced! Just wish we stayed for 2 weeks so we could have tried everything off their menu!