“Best Meal in Grand Cayman”

Seaside Paradise Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 11 Restaurants in Bodden Town
Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Small beachfront restaurant with some of the best local food we have ever eaten. The lady who runs and the restarant and cooks all the food we are told is the former chef for The Edge which was washed away during the hurricane. Food was amazing and she is is lovely and even explained some of her dishes which were not familiar to us.
Reviewed September 3, 2014

We just left this place and we can't stop talking about it. We've been in Grand Cayman for a week and tonight is our last night. I am so upset that I didn't find this place earlier! We had the fried fish (snapper), conch fritters (best thing I have ever had in my life), and the garlic lobster (my husband and I fought over this). We've eaten at stuffy restaurants all week. Seaside Paradise has the best food, the best view (right on the beach) and the best prices. Everything is extremely affordable. Michelle was the cook and she was so kind and sweet. And amazing in the kitchen. I can't recommend it enough!

2  Thank Becky L
There are newer reviews for Seaside Paradise Restaurant

Reviewed August 21, 2014

Had we been driving by we would not have stopped for Seaside Paradise. Fortunately for us the Inn we were staying in recommended the place and it was only about a two block walk. This is truly a "Mom and Pop" operation only with the fantastic cook and her nephew.

This lady is one of the nicest ladies we have ever met and a great cook. Everything is fresh and depends on what was available that day from the fishermen and local farmers. Menu consists of a black board outside and what ingredients she has left.

The first night my wife and I each asked for the same meal only to learn that there was only enough left for one of us. The manta of "Happy Wife, Happy Life" prevailed and my wife had a lobster stew with sides of rice and black beans. I had a fish filet. We were both "hooked" immediately. Some other patrons came in and ordered fried chicken and she was out, it was just before closing.

When we left I mentioned to her that I loved fried chicken and she said she would make some for me tomorrow if I wanted. Needless to say we were back the next night for her world class fried chicken.

The back deck of the restaurant is about 50 feet from the beach and with a gorgeous view. There are only two picnic tables outside and four tables inside.

The cost of the four dinners we had there did not exceed the cost of the burgers, which were marginal at best, a two drinks we had a Margarita two days earlier.

I would consider returning to Grand Cayman just to go to this restaurant again!

5  Thank WoodlandHillsPtc
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Best place in Bodden Town to stop, relax and enjoy a fantastic local cousine. Freshly cooked and I absolutely enjoyed the fried fish and steam fish as well as the conch fritters. It is a must to stop and dine here, Kids will love it as they can go down onto the beach and play while the meal is prepared. The panorama is a beautiful view of the seaside. enjoy gazing at it with fresh ice cold coconut water.

1  Thank Lola D
Reviewed August 21, 2014

This is a great little place if you're looking for a genuine local experience. It's not fancy, but the food and views are worth it. Also, the local lady who runs it is super friendly and her home made hot sauce is one of the best I've ever had. So good in fact that I bought some to take home with me!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We tried a variety of items and they were all wonderful. The bread fruit salad was my favorite. The woman who cooked and served us was super friendly - great local meal!