“Good but could easily be better”

The Grape Tree Cafe
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Bodden Town
Cuisines: Caribbean
Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Although told that the fish was made 'right before your eyes,' my grilled whitefish and sides were served from steam trays. The fish was well seasoned but the sides seemed a bit - how shall I say - 'aged'. If the food really was freshly prepared I bet it would be very good. Because it is take out only, I can't even consider the picnic tables atmosphere.

1  Thank JFsB

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Walking distance from Turtle Nest Inn. Awesome fish fry. Service with a smile. Locals love it! They give punch cards and they are on facebook. Cool place. Great prices.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Delicious!!! Some of the best fish we have EVER eaten!! The people who work it are friendly and informative. If you stay at Turtle Nest Inn, DO NOT MISS this experience!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

Nothing seems to be open on the Island on Sunday, but this place was. We ate on Saturday for the fish fry. It was a ton of food and pretty good. I would recommend it, if you happen to be there, but I wouldn't go out of my way to eat here.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

We were told about this place by our server at the Sunshine Grill. She said they had the best fried conch fritters, which are my absolute favorite, so we just had to try it! We stopped by on our way back to Seven Mile after a visit to Rum Point. I would say we were a bit underwhelmed. The food was excellent (cooked to order!) and the view was beautiful, but it was located adjacent to a gas station parking lot and there were so many local loitering around it made us a bit nervous. We are from Dallas, so probably overly cautious, and I'm sure it is 100% safe, but it just made us very uncomfortable. I would've loved to have sat and ate on the beach, but there were locals literally sleeping on the tables/benches, so that wasn't really an option. Food was good, eating from a shack was a fun thought, but I probably wouldn't go back.