“Sometimes You Wonder”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 27, 2013

After reading all the positive reviews, I was extremely excited to try this authentic Bodden Town fish fry. I arrived shortly after 12pm on a Monday and saw on the exterior chalkboard that they had the steamed grouper which most reviewers had raved about.

When I walked in the restaurant, the interior chalkboard was half erased so it was difficult to distinguish what was actually on the menu for the day. The less than cordial counter person informed me that the steamed grouper would not be ready until the afternoon??I thought to myself that her response was bizarre, but rather than waste my time with a discourse in futility, I ordered 2 fish and chips and a jerk pork.

What seemed to be a half hour later, maybe more, the most personable counter person brought me the food. I hopped in the car, ate a quick French fry, thought it was decent and went back to the inn.

Long story short, the fish was either old or overlooked. It was tasteless, dry and disgusting. The pork, well, let's just say it made the fish look stellar. Proceed at your own risk, this was either a ad day or just the regular garbage that is served to tourists.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We stopped here on our way to our Resort our first day on the island. So glad we did! I had the fry chicken, not your typical fried chicken we are used to in the States...it's better! My hubby got the Curry Goat and he loved it! Everything is very fresh and very tasty. If you visit, this is a must try!

Reviewed May 16, 2013

After reading all the reviews and driving by this place on numerous occasions, we decided to stop in for dinner. It is as good as everyone says! The people were super friendly, quick service and really fresh food. We got there a bit late, so I couldn't try the steamed grouper. Instead, we got the fish/chips and jerk chicken. The portions were huge and the food was really good. If you are looking for some good food at a really reasonable price, I would stop here. We will be going back before that dreaded flight back home!

1  Thank RooRLB
Reviewed May 4, 2013

A small hole-in-the-wall restaurant with great food at a very reasonable price. Loved the steamed grouper.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

We loooooooved their food. The place is a little run-down, so we recommend doing take out.
We had the steamed grouper which we've been told is one of the most authentic plates of the region.