“Chaotic Service...Food Tasteless!”

Ranked #6 of 11 Restaurants in Bodden Town
Cuisines: Caribbean
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Managed by the Powell family,South Coast Bar & Grill is located in the village of Breakers, amongst swaying coconut palms and the ocean, in the district of Bodden Town and is approximately 20 minutes drive from George Town the capital. We specialize in local and Caribbean cuisine.We have various dining options, choose from on our seaside patios, Beach dining or in our AC dining room. The atmosphere is relaxing and the prices beats all the restaurants in east end.
Victoria, Texas
“Chaotic Service...Food Tasteless!”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I invited my friends to join me for dinner after a great week of diving on the East End....what a mistake in taking them to South Coast Bar and Grill!
Service was terrible.....chaotic at best!
The waiter had a hard time understanding and taking our order.
Some items on the menu were sold out and we were eating at 6:30 pm
The food, especially the Wahoo was tasteless!!
My mojito was a big disappointment, especially the green slimy stuff...not mint floating in the glass.
Will not be returning anytime soon!!!

• Visited October 2012

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Terrible, definite problems getting the food out in a reasonable time!!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We went last evening a Thursday nite for the lobster, waiter could barely speak English and was not knowledgeable of menu items. It was not that busy and we arrived at 7 pm, the appetizers came out timely , however, rest of the meal was super slow, took over 2 hours . I paid our bill which was 120.00+ u.s. and told him about the problem and to tell Chef Remy.
There was supposed to be mashed potatoes with my Rib-eye steak, I don't exactly know what that mess was that was on the plate, certainly not Mashed Potatoes though. The outside beach seating was Great, with the fire-pit . We traveled quite a ways to try out this place, Def not worth the drive, it's a Bar trying to be a Fine Dining Restaurant!!

Remy A, Manager at South Coast Bar & Grill Breakers, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Dear Brianandjulia,
I apologize for your teribble experience at my restaurant, if you guys are still in Grand Cayman, then please be my guest. All necessary steps have been taken to improvise our service.
We are still working on turning the local bar into a casual restaurant [not fine dining though]
Sorry again what you got with your rib-eye steak was Stewed Ackee [a local veggie] Hope you guys had a great stay on our Island and thanks for sharing your honest review, which will help to makes us better.
Chef Remy
Grand Cayman
“very nice dinner”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We live in Grand Cayman. We have always enjoyed having a weekend drink at the south coast bar. Recently we have decided to stay for dinner too! VERY good food, good prices too. The lamb chops are a must!
If you enjoy a 'no nonsense' experience, this is for you, the setting is lovely, air conditioned local bar or al fresco over looking the ocean. The staff are very nice.
If you are staying in the Bodden town, Northside or East End area, this is a must stop 'dinner stop' for you all. Enjoy!!!!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank caymananna
Remy A, Manager at South Coast Bar & Grill Breakers, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Caymananna,
We appreciate your genuine opinion about our restaurant, its a fact that South Coast has been a local watering hole of the Island in the east, I relaunched it as a restaurant in July and we are very pleased by you for sharing your experience. Thank you for your valuable business as a resident.
Regards,
Chef Remy
Rochester, New York
“Great food, relaxed atmosphere”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

The staff at Turtle Nest Inn suggested that we stop here for a meal. I was pleasantly surprised at what we found. My husband and I had a wonderful meal. I chose the pork chop and he the quesadillas. Excellently prepared and presented. Our server was very attentive to our needs and questions. When the meal was finished, we even got to meet Chef Remy himself! Very gracious gentleman. When we returned 2 days later, the fire pit in the sea was lit. What a unique feature! Karaoke with Elvis made it a really fun bar to have a drink and hang with the local people. We look forward to visiting here again.

• Visited August 2012
Grand Cayman
“Great food and stunning view”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

If you are coming to Cayman Islands you need to visit this place, it has the most stunning view you would see. I live here and have been to almost all the restaurants and I absolutely loved the food here Chef Remy is the most amazing cook.

Most of the restaurants have dinning deck but this is the only one that has fire pit and that too right on the water. I went there with my family and was treated with the best food and the best thing was it was very affordable. I would say its a place which serves truly fine food with affordable prices.

DO NOT forget to visit this place on your trip to Cayman it will be a very memorable one.

• Visited August 2012