“Chicken Might Be Better”
Review of Rankin's Jerk Pit

Rankin's Jerk Pit
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Bodden Town
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed January 26, 2013

The jerk pork was mostly bone and fat. We had heard Rankin's was better than Chester's, but the chicken and steamed fish we had a Chester's was much better than the pork at Rankin's. Wouldn't go back.

1  Thank Arlene H

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Donna at the Turtle Nest Inn recommended Rankins. It was a good value. It's a walk-up and order at the window kind of place. We didn't wait too long and there was steady local business. We had Jerk Chicken and Jerk Pork, one small, one large. It was $25. It's not exactly what we call "Jerk". It had some spices on it but was grilled. the pork was overdone, but they both had good flavors. There was a lot of it so it's a great value. The entrees came with macaroni salad and either rice or vegetable of the day, which was tomato and cucumber when we went.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

i thought...being way off the beaten path and FULL of locals this would be THE BEST.... it was okay..... we waited a really long time.... nice and fresh. but not exactly the style jerk i was looking for.....

1  Thank valynne1
Reviewed November 12, 2012

My entire family just returned from Grand Cayman. We stayed on the east end which was tranquil and beautiful. We asked a woman at our front desk where locals go to eat and she suggested here. I had the fish special which was grouper with rice and beans. The portion was big. The food was outstanding! I ordered a chicken soup for my daughter. Although there were chicken bones in the soup, the soup was delicious. My father had the burger and said it was one of the best burgers he's ever had. I think b/c the cows are grass fed. My brother enjoyed his jerk pork and my husband had the jerk chicken. Again, chicken parts with skin and bones. It was great. The jerk sauce was really good. Small, casual place. Everything super fresh and authentic to the Cayman culture. I would definitely recommend it.

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

For CI$6 you can get a huge portion of rice and beans, a spoonful each of potato salad and coleslaw, a fried chicken leg and some white chicken meat all served on top of each other in a styrofoam container from behind a sliding glass window. The locals were there in droves for a Thursday lunch. Just ok; I'd rather eat elsewhere.

1  Thank JFsB