“Very good food, branch out from the Jerk as well”
Review of Rankin's Jerk Pit

Rankin's Jerk Pit
Ranked #4 of 12 Restaurants in Bodden Town
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Went to Rankin's Jerk Pit on June 8, 2012. We were staying at Turtle Nest Inn at Bodden Town and its only about 1.5 miles away. Nice place with seating outside at some picnic tables and a nice indoor section as well. We are not jerk experts, but we ordered jerk chicken, curried goat, chicken fingers (9 year old) and Cayman Shrimp and vegetables.

Service was prompt, lots of people come and order to go. We ate inside. The jerk was authentic, meaning it was spicy. My 11 year old ate it without the sauce, which was very spicy. My wife and older son liked the curried Goat, and I was absolutely in love with the Cayman Shrimp, you wanted more and more of the sauce and it went great with the vegetables.

They also had a nice assortment of desserts that went down well.

The only thing that kept if from 5 stars were the bones in jerk chicken. This is probably an occurpational hazard of eating jerk chicken, but tough when you have kids

Reviewed July 5, 2012

We took the whole family to Rankin's for lunch the other day. The jerk chicken was good, but not as spicy as I expected. My husband has a theory that there's a difference between Cayman jerk and Jamaican jerk. Not sure that's the case, but whatever. I saw some containers of sauce by the pick-up window, and I think we probably should've grabbed some. The chicken was quite good and flavorful. My mother-in-law didn't care for the chicken curry, but she can be a picky eater. I liked that they had kid-friendly chicken tenders and fries on the menu, as well. We ended up paying an average of $10 US per person with soft drinks -- a bargain! And that's with three of us ordering the large plates of chicken! Had fun sitting under the thatched umbrella watching the chickens run around. We apologized to them for eating their cousins. ;) The ladies working the order/pick-up windows were very friendly and able to answer my questions about how the jerk chicken was prepared (confirmed that the jerk chicken there has no flour/soy sauce/beer; I have Celiac disease and had no reaction to their food).

Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was our first meal on the island and it set the bar high! Knew it would be good when we had to wait in line with locals. We got a small order of jerk pork and a small order of jerk chicken and some fritters. All was delicious and more than enough for two people. We meant to go back, but we didn't ever make it for a second stop. If you stay in Bodden Town, I recommend that you eat here.

Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stopped by here on our final day on the island and wish we had visited sooner. The jerk chicken (the small is plenty for one person) was spicy and delicious and the lightly seasoned fries were the perfect complement. I cannot wait to return.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Incredible flavor, very nice place with probably the best value to be found. Ultra casual or take out, can feed everyone twice out of the same meal...yes, you get that much food in a large order.