“Very good, reasonably priced food!”
Review of Rankin's Jerk Pit

Rankin's Jerk Pit
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Bodden Town
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, Texas
“Very good, reasonably priced food!”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

We took the whole family to Rankin's for lunch the other day. The jerk chicken was good, but not as spicy as I expected. My husband has a theory that there's a difference between Cayman jerk and Jamaican jerk. Not sure that's the case, but whatever. I saw some containers of sauce by the pick-up window, and I think we probably should've grabbed some. The chicken was quite good and flavorful. My mother-in-law didn't care for the chicken curry, but she can be a picky eater. I liked that they had kid-friendly chicken tenders and fries on the menu, as well. We ended up paying an average of $10 US per person with soft drinks -- a bargain! And that's with three of us ordering the large plates of chicken! Had fun sitting under the thatched umbrella watching the chickens run around. We apologized to them for eating their cousins. ;) The ladies working the order/pick-up windows were very friendly and able to answer my questions about how the jerk chicken was prepared (confirmed that the jerk chicken there has no flour/soy sauce/beer; I have Celiac disease and had no reaction to their food).

• Visited July 2012

Austin, TX
“Excellent Island Food!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

This was our first meal on the island and it set the bar high! Knew it would be good when we had to wait in line with locals. We got a small order of jerk pork and a small order of jerk chicken and some fritters. All was delicious and more than enough for two people. We meant to go back, but we didn't ever make it for a second stop. If you stay in Bodden Town, I recommend that you eat here.

Visited June 2012
Fairfax, Virginia
“Delicious Jerk”
Reviewed June 3, 2012

We stopped by here on our final day on the island and wish we had visited sooner. The jerk chicken (the small is plenty for one person) was spicy and delicious and the lightly seasoned fries were the perfect complement. I cannot wait to return.

• Visited June 2012
Midwest
“Jerk Pork....I would like to add a couple more stars...ULTRA Excellent”
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Incredible flavor, very nice place with probably the best value to be found. Ultra casual or take out, can feed everyone twice out of the same meal...yes, you get that much food in a large order.

Visited May 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
“4 days of not so good foods and finally! a pearl in the Caribbean!”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

My wife and I really hold good food as an important part of vacation. After four poor outings we hit Rankin's Jerk Pit! This rainy miserable Cayman Island vacation now has a high note! My wife and daughter got the Jerk chicken and I decided to get the spicy ribs! Talk about instant mood change! We will be back a few times to this eatery.

The price was $37.00 use for drinks and main dishes. Good price, good food and the folks working were pleasant as well.

Viola!