Southwater Caye is without a doubt, one of the most beautiful islands there is! It sits literally on top of the reef and you can snorkel/fish right off the beach. My family and I spent a week there during the summer and loved every minute of it. Not to mention the diving which is some of the best I've ever done!
Blue Marlin is an excellent lodge, with friendly and attentive staff, and a great local menu. The rooms, although decorated a little tacky, are great. The beds are comfortable, plenty of hot water and AC for the nights when the breeze isn't blowing. It's great to just sit in a hammock under a coconut tree, read a book and relax as the waves roll up onto the beach.
Since the lodge is quite small, there is plenty of space and you never feel crowded by the other guests. They take excellent care of the grounds and the cottages on the beach have an incredible view of the sea!
We thoroughly enjoyed Blue Marlin and will defiantly be going back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Idyllic private island getaway atop the Belize Barrier Reef offering easy access to snorkel, dive and fishing adventures with leisure time for relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Blue Marlin Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Blue Marlin Hotel South Water Caye
- Blue Marlin Beach Resort Belize/South Water Caye