“it was a perfect stay”

Charisma Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Siquijor Island
Reviewed February 25, 2013

me and my friends stayed at the charisma beach resort.. it was recommended by a friend.its along the white sand beach and the swimming pool is clear. we pick the dormitory room. the room is clean and neat. beds are brand new and comfortable. at the afternoon, we sit on the beach area and enjoyed watching the beach sunset ever.
we have dinner and breakfast at their restaurant. they have selection of budget meals which is perfect for our budget. we have rented their motorbikes for 300 pesos / 24 hrs..
my friends and i wanted to stay more but we have a flight after 2 days.
it was a great fun..beautiful smile staff and friendly management..

Room Tip: for the couples please pick the deluxe rooms
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank lucy v

Reviewed December 11, 2012

me and my family stayed here, we had the 2 beachfront rooms , we had our big family dinner on the beach with torches,nothing was to much for jeziel (the manager and owner).we had a fantastic stay. you really should try the place

Room Tip: stay in beachfront rooms
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jonas571
Reviewed November 17, 2012

me and my friends arrived to this resort middle of the day from dumaguete.we are a little bit scared from the witchcraft stories but the driver said dont worry about it... the resort was recommended by the driver. i forgot his name. the resort is very clean. the price is right. the restaurant has nice very view.. we can see the beach while having our meals. they serve great western breakfast and indian curry.
they have nice and accommodating staff. you can see it from their smile.
the room is clean. i got the bamboo beach front room, and i have enjoyed the beach sunset in my life from the verranda.
me and my friends will come soon...see you again charisma beach resort. good luck

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank omen298573
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Wonderful place to stay in Siquijor..Staff are all friendy and nice, superb service :)) very relaxing place to stay---serene and peaceful..try their mango pie and kinilaw super yummy.just hope all rooms have t.v but aside from that, the place is a really nice place to stay..we will definitely comeback..

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Kakaojrm
Reviewed September 24, 2012

i spent 4 nights there with my wife, we had a bungalow on the beach, it was really great time: the room was really charming and really clean, we slept with the sound of the waves, the food was good and the owners and all the people who worked there were really friendly. In the morming, i woke up, went directly to the swimming pool with water from the sea, much better than normal one.
If you want to spend time in a charming place, simple and not too huge, with really good atmosphere, and feel the peacefull time you expected to find in an island , so just come here, it s the place for you!!
And if you here someone says " goog morming" with a strange voice, don t worry, it s the adorable bird who can speak and trains his nice english (-:

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank piervoyage
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I had been travelling the philippines for two weeks with my friend, absolutely loving the place and especially the people. So we arrived to this hotel, very late in the night and all the resorts along this area were closed. So we had no other choice to stay in this place. First of all the 'deluxe' room is way over priced and the pillows were dirty. The next day we were planning on checking out, and I asked the owner daniel (english man) some hot water, he immediately said no. I asked him why and he shouted that he pays for his cups, water, forks etc. I got such a fright, I actually started to cry. So my friend proceeds to ask was there hot water for her shower (we payed enough) and he proceeds to stand up and aggressively shout at her. He had been drinking all morning. Horrible man. He shouted for us to get 'out of his resort'. We said fine. We did owe him a bit more for the room but didn't feel we owed him anymore since the service was terrible and it was 2 hours before our check out time. But he jumps in front of us grabs my friend suitcase so we ended up just getting the tourist police. I have been travelling nearly 4 months and have never been so upset. I feel really sorry for the staff working there, they are lovely. The pool there is ok but there is nicer beaches in other cheaper resorts. There was rubbish on that part of the beach. In my opinion, if you want a nice filapino experience don't stay there.

• Stayed: September 2012
8  Thank Emily F
Charisma B, Owner at Charisma Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

you arrived at our small resort at 1am and wanted the cheapest room ,i said you can have the deluxe room with no hot water and no a/c for 1000 peso you only gave me 500 peso in the mornibg you tried to get my husband to turn on the hot water and get cups of hot water for your own coffee as we charged 30 peso for a coffee,.then you tried to check out without paying your bill so my husband took your suitcase and called the local police in san juan.when the police arrived you spent 2 hours trying not to pay your bill but the police told you to pay up.
in 4 years of running this resort this is the first time we have had to call the police .
oh yes the pillows were new and sheets and pillow cases clean

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We stayed in this resort for a few days. We liked the feel of the resort, the cottages. The staff was friendly, but otherwise it was a bit pricey for what you get. It's owned by an english man and his philippino wife and we couldn't get rid of the feeling, that all they are after is our money... and the forever noisy hens and cocs are shouting all night and morning, so you wont get much sleep... :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Charisma B, Owner at Charisma Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2012

hello guest
you had stayed in our new beach front cottages in low season so we gave you 50% discount on the room how could we have been after your money only.
siquijor island is in the province and everyone has chickens but we do not.if the chickens kept you awake we are sorry ,if the sun did not shine we are sorry,if you did not win the lottery we are sorry