“The Coral Cay Resort has never disappointed me”
Review of Coral Cay Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Siquijor Island
Coral Cay Resort
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Siquijor Island
Reviewed September 1, 2011

I had the pleasure of visiting the Coral Cay Resort again this past July. As usual I had an absolutely great time.
Granted that the seasonal on-shore winds created a real challenge for the guys that tried to keep the beach clean. However, you can't fight mother nature and that is just the way that it is during this time of year.
I stayed in the beach duplex and found it to be very clean and comfortable. I had a friend staying in the other side of the duplex.The housekeeping staff were absolutely great.
I did find a few new employees that were in the process of being trained. There were two times in my 3 week stay that my breakfast took about 30 minutes from the time that I ordered until I was served. However, the wait was well worth. For those that cannot occasionally wait while being surrounded with beautiful scenery I would suggest that they stay in a city and go to McDonald's if they want fast food. I enjoy the fresh eggs, fruit, etc. that is available here.
I was also thrilled that the resort provided live music once while I was there. We danced in the sand and had a great evening.
The sunset cocktails were just as fun as usual and I enjoyed being able to have WIFI available. I paid around 500 pesos to have access to the WIFI during my stay and it definitely saved me a lot of money and time that I would have had to spent traveling to an internet cafe.
All in all....I had a wonderful stay and once again the Coral Cay Resort did not disappoint me.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank SiquijorAddict

Reviewed August 29, 2011

Unfortunately our time was marred by the very poor quality of service provided by the staff. The girls that worked in the restaurant made you feel like you were an inconvenience. I think the poor service all stems from the owners who where very unwelcoming. Also, unfortunately the beach was not particularly clean when we visited.

It may be worth noting that we did a day trip through the Coco Grove Resort, where even with limited dealings we had with the staff at this resort they seemed much more professional and on the whole the resort appeared of a much higher standard. Breakfast does not come with the room rate at Coral Cay whereas it does at Coco Grove – making the two resorts of comparable price!

We would not stay at Coral Cay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Laura_bristol_10
Reviewed August 10, 2011

You Will fond Much better places on the Island! .
Food very expensive and you always have the impression that you are disturbing the staff ... Quite unusual for a turist place in Philippines.
Beach has NO interest... Very
mudy. .

Very noisy room: karaoke nearby

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank Gevaudan33
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Just spent 3 nights here in cottage 15 which was free-standing,spacious and had a living room with lounge suite, separate bedroom with AC and full sized bathroom. Also it is beachfront and probably the most secluded and private in the resort. Cottage was in fairly good order with a couple of things that are starting to show their age a little cosmetically (floor lamp and bar fridge) but overall the standard was good. I would rate the cottage at about 3 star on world standards.

Resort amenities are good and the grounds are pleasant and well laid out and cared for. Staff were very good, enthusiastic and very helpful. Food was good and had the atypical offerings that are made in western restaurants in the phillippines ( think 70's and 80's food styles). That is not to say that it was bad, just that like 99% of eating places in the country the menus are in a time warp.

There is wifi internet available at the restaurant and bar but alas it is not free and it is not cheap. 100 pesos per hour or 500 pesos per stay (up to 7 days). and it is abysmally slow and of course drops out when there is a power "brown out". For me paying for internet access in a hotel I am staying at is like paying to use the tv, it just feels soo "nickel and dime". I need regular access to the net for my business so it is a necessity for me. You dont need good access while at the hotel then not a problem for you.

Overall a good stay was had and I would probably stay there again if not for the wifi issue. Complimentary reasonably paced internet and Coral Cay will have me coming back every time I am on Siquidor.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Excellent accommodation. Good beach and pool. Absolutely overpriced food. Never (for 2 weeks) "good morning" from Helen.

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank Nick G
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We stayed there for two days, July 18-19, 2011. On our first day it was raining so we decided to stay at the hotel.

We thought it would be a boring day for us but there is an entertainment area, where we can play billiards, board games, cable tv and a wifi for internet access. There's also a not so big but a decent pool.

Later that afternoon the weather was better so we decided to kayak(free) and we really enjoyed it. The sea was not so calm but it adds to the adventure.

The next day we hired their jeep for an island tour, a little bit pricey for me. But still we just enjoyed the scenery and the camaraderie.

As for the room, we stayed at Habagat room. It was a nice room. But not that clean and the water is not weak or strong its's so-so.

So here's my take on Coral cay:

Pros:

Amenities (free use of billiards,kayaks,board games,cable tv,wifi internet)
Service (good customer service esp. on the restaurant)

Cons:
Food is expensive
Rooms are not that clean (maybe because some rooms are made of native materials.) But doesnt mean its dirty may be 3 out of 5.
Island tour is expensive. 1,800 pesos for 6 hours. Not reasonable for me.

Overall, I'll give it 3 out 5. We really enjoyed our stay and ofcourse there will be some things that you would not like but you don't want to make it spoil your day.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2011

We booked a room at this resort after reading a lonely planet review. We have traveled extensively in the Philippines. We were met at the pier by a jeepney and we had to wait while the drive attempted to ply more trade. On arrival at the front desk we were met by a very surly lady who didn't smile or greet us in the normal way of resorts in the Philippines. The ferry arrives at a late hour so we required dinner. The cook/chef looked at us like we were aliens and i wondered if he was going to spit in our food. They told us over the phone that the rooms were air conditioned and only the bedroom had a/c. The bathroom gave us a very unpleasant surprise in the form of a large black centipede which came scurrying out of the faucet and thankfully was unable to find it's way onto the floor as the ceramic allowed it no traction. Still took a good 5 minutes to kill the nasty creature with a bottle of shampoo. The bed was one of the most uncomfortable I have slept on, back ache by morning. The mozzies were thick and hard to keep out of the room. The shower had either very, very hot or just warm. My wife was kept awake by the fear of being bitten by something in the night. Next day the staff were even less friendly so we hired a trike and went to look at other resorts. On checking out the staff gave us no assistance with our luggage and were even more unfriendly.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple