* Excellent location. Be sure to visit the inside of the impressive Drum Tower next door to the hotel, and to hang out in the adjoining square in the evening, watching the show of people or even participating in one of the many exercise dance activities going on around the plaza.
* Internet included. But you have to have the TV on in order for the internet to work...
* Good bed linens
* Looks good from the outside.
* Beds are by far the hardest of all the hard beds we've ever encountered in China. No different than sleeping on the floor.
* The room was unbearably hot despite having the AC on all night.
* Bathroom was dim, dank and not especially clean.
* Stained carpeting and upholstery. Grout missing from between tiles.
* Breakfast was a plate straight from the refrigerator with a previously fried egg and "toast."
Sanjiang is trying to capitalize on its proximity to the Dong minority villages, which are well worth seeing, set in beautiful countryside. But hotel stock is below standard -- this is apparently the best hotel in town, but I would not return. Instead, try staying in one of the inns/guest houses in the country around Longsheng or Chenyang.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA so you can book your Fengyuqiao International Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.