We traveled to Orpheus for 5 nights for our Honeymoon and it was pure perfection!
As some of the other guests indicated, it's not for everyone. If you want a pretentious atmosphere where a pool-boy spritzes you with Evian, don't go to Orpheus. If you want complete privacy (rooms away from each other), then you may want to consider another resort. But, If you want an upscale, yet relaxed and intimate atmosphere, with fantastic food, fun activities, and a beautiful setting, then Orpheus is it!
I have traveled extensively and have stayed at many fine resorts and boutique hotels in the world. Orpheus was probably my favorite! The staff is friendly, warm, and acommodating. You almost feel like old friends when you leave. The food is exceptional - Ari is as good as they come. And, the variety of activities allows ample opportunity a different adventure (or not, if you choose) every day.
A word on the diving - it's exceptional! The reefs are beautiful and very closeby. Take advantage if you can/are certified. The dive masters are great :) Also, if don't dive, definitely snorkel, especially the giant clams. They are amazing!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orpheus Island Lodge is the Barrier Reef‘s most secluded tropical island. Catering for just 28 indulged guests at one time, Orpheus truly epitomizes service and luxury. Located just a 30 minute scenic flight from Townsville or a 90 minute flight from Cairns, the picture perfect luxury hideaway stretches across 11km of immaculate turquoise coastline, and comprises a pristine National Park and surrounding World Heritage-listed Marine Park. With its unique location, Orpheus has access to the largest range of activities set amongst some of the most preserved areas of the reef. You will not be short of things to see and do on and around the island. The ultimate culinary escape is a foodies paradise. The Orpheus rate is all inclusive of artfully prepared gourmet meals tailored to your individual taste, selected Australia wines and beers, as well as unlimited use of the islands kayaks, stand up paddleboards, catamarans, motorised dinghies, and snorkeling equipment. Perfect as a holiday destination, a picturesque wedding setting, or booked in its entirety for exclusive use, Orpheus is a secret to the outside world and offers guests the ultimate tropical haven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Prestigia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Orpheus Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orpheus Island Hotel Orpheus Island
- Orpheus Island Resort All Inclusive