We spent four nights at Orpheus Island for our honeymoon. Firstly let me say that the location is gorgeous. Unfortunatley we felt the island is run a bit like a school camp. You have to eat at a certian time, eat as a group, and particiapate in the advertised activities at certain times. There was no real privacy as the rooms were right next to each other and the island is so small that you can't "escape" i was really disappointed and didn't have a great time as i found it hard to relax. The accomadation is very basic for the price and there is no extra services such as spa or massage options. we worked really hard to pay for this trip. It would of been a nice option to relax with a massage.
While we were on the island they were putting a marketing video together. We were trying to relax, but with a helicopter flying over you for the morning this wasn't possible. The staff were having a great time though, they headed out on the rubber ducky and the ocean cruiser to make "promotional videos". The guests are welcome to use the 3.7m tinnies that have the maximum speed of 4 knots! I was lead to believe we would have access to rubber duckies. Disappointing to say the least.
We decided to have a go on the kayaks but had to return shortly after as my husbands was starting to sink...Great. We wanted to go fishing, but were told there was a fishing ban. I am not sure how these work, but it would of been nice to of known this before we arrived as we would of changed the dates of our holiday.
For $1300 a night i expected this holiday to offer me more. The food was delicious but it would be great to be able to grab a piece of fruit or a biscuit between meals. My husband was always hungry, but he is also a big eater. We requested no fish for my husband, but he was given fish on so many ocassions. This was extremely frustrating. It was also disappointing to only have xxxx beers as the complimentary beer. You can always buy other brands but these were $10 each.
I think the resort can be improved or reduce the price. We feel that it is defiantly not worth the money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Orpheus Island Lodge is the Barrier Reef‘s most secluded tropical island. Catering for just 28 indulged guests at one time, Orpheus truly epitomizes service and luxury. Located just a 30 minute scenic flight from Townsville or a 90 minute flight from Cairns, the picture perfect luxury hideaway stretches across 11km of immaculate turquoise coastline, and comprises a pristine National Park and surrounding World Heritage-listed Marine Park. With its unique location, Orpheus has access to the largest range of activities set amongst some of the most preserved areas of the reef. You will not be short of things to see and do on and around the island. The ultimate culinary escape is a foodies paradise. The Orpheus rate is all inclusive of artfully prepared gourmet meals tailored to your individual taste, selected Australia wines and beers, as well as unlimited use of the islands kayaks, stand up paddleboards, catamarans, motorised dinghies, and snorkeling equipment. Perfect as a holiday destination, a picturesque wedding setting, or booked in its entirety for exclusive use, Orpheus is a secret to the outside world and offers guests the ultimate tropical haven. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Prestigia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Orpheus Island Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Orpheus Island Hotel Orpheus Island
- Orpheus Island Resort All Inclusive