“Nice hotel at a distant location”

Ramada Encore Geneva
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carouge
Reviewed June 22, 2013

The hotel was nice, and the service was very friendly. The location is not that good, as it is far away from all visiting landmarks, and the hotel itself is quite difficult to find. The surrounding neighborhood is not nice at night. If you are by car though, as I was, it is a good option as parking there is much cheaper than anywhere else in Geneva. You can then move around using the public transport, which is free for tourists (with the card they give you at the hotel or at the airport).

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MemnochXXI
encore2009, General Manager at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am delighted to read your nice comment about the hotel and staff.
Indeed our car parking within La Praille shopping centre costs CHF10,-/per 24 hours for all hotel guests.
I look forward to welcoming back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel is quite far away from the center. Don't forget to take free bus card on check-in.
Breakfast is quite standard, but you can go to the supermarket which is 1 min walk through the mall. It is ok for short business stay, but if you travel with couple, it's better to find more proper place to stay.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Akezka

On behalf of the entire team at the Ramada Encore Geneva, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your review via Tripadvisor.
The bus stop is located right in front of the hotel and it takes 10 -15 minutes to reach Geneva centre.
In regards to our breakfast offer we propose a large buffet including hot and cold food, fresh and dry fruits, viennoiseries, pancakes.
I hope you will chose to stay with us again during your next visit to Geneva.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Stayed in this hotel in December 2012 and recently at end of May 2013. The hotel is good. The staff is very courteous and most importantly each staff member can understand english and can speak good english which means you dont have to spend much time with them to explain what you need ;-)

Good:
Clean rooms
English speaking staff
Complementary High speed wireless internet connection
City bus pass at a minor cost.This is useful if you dont want to drive a car with left hand side steering wheel ;-)
Hotel is at located at a distance of just 10 minutes drive from City Center. Very close to the Bus stand.

Bad :
No bathroom slippers provided.
No laundry area in hotel where you can use washing machine and dryer.
No Gymnasium in hotel premises.
Only two English Channels on TV.

I have stayed in past in hotels in America and India and I have found these facilities available in all those hotels.It would be really nice to have few of these facilities available (atleast Laundry area) in Ramada encore in future.

Overall, it was a good stay and hotel staff was awesome. I'd love to stay here again in future.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
encore2009, General Manager at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

I am delighted to read your lovely review via Tripadvisor and on behalf on the entire team at the Ramada Encore Geneva I would like to thank you for taking the time to register your comments.
Indeed we do offer a free Geneva transport card during the whole stay.
Bathroom slippers and laundry area are not part of our standards services therefore we do not proposed them but there is a laundry/pressing service next to the hotel.
Concerning the gym, we have negotiated special rate for all our guest to access the fitness within the shopping centre where we are located.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.
Very best regards,

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed here for business for 3 days - hotel itself is very clean and tidy. Its cheaper than usual hotels in the area. Unfortunately there is nothing around here to do or see. The hotel is right next to the Geneva stadium, and there is only a shopping centre next to the hotel and the only restaurant is the italian outside. There is no room service in the hotel and breakfast is 23 francs (about £15).Wifi is really good - very fast. TV in english is fairly restricted, so bring books or ipad.. There is also no gym and the bar closes at 9

Overall the hotel is ok, but if you wanting to spend anytime in the hotel, this isnt for you..

1  Thank AussieNat24
encore2009, General Manager at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Ramada Encore Geneva and for sharing your review via Tripadvisor.
We would like to inform you that we do propose a small menu served in the room until 9 pm and our bar open until 10.30pm. As for breakfast we also serve an express breakfast at 7 Chf ( it includes hot drink, fruit juice and 2 viennoiseries)
There are a few restaurants located on the second floor of the shopping centre, as well as a bowling and a fitness centre. We have negotiated special rates for all our guest to access the gym.
We hope to be of service to you again during your next trip to Geneva.

Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in early May for the first night of a weekend in Geneva.
Unfortunately by time we arrived all the bars & restaurants (including the hotel bar) were closed.
On a positive note the rooms are fantastic and of a high spec.
Overall I was very happy with our choice

• Stayed: May 2013
encore2009, General Manager at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

I am delighted to learn that you enjoyed you stay with us.
On belhalf of the entire team I would like to thank you for sharing your positive note via Tripadvisor.I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ramada Encore Geneva soon.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for two nights, knew it was out of town but the cost was ok and it was part of a conference deal.
The good, rooms are spacious, internet is free and works well.
The bad, the location is hard to reach from the central train station and the airport.
Breakfast is 23 franc and the room is crowded and with only one coffee machine working was not as pleasant as one would hope for such cost.
My room had ants in it, when asking the reception if something can be done they offered to spray it, as the windows do not open I preferred to have the ants...

Another gripe I had was I took a bike to rent, when asking I was told it was free to hotel guests, later when checking out the reception insisted it was 10 francs, this things should be said up front.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
encore2009, General Manager at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments online.
Our hotel is located 100 meters from the end of the dual carriage way leading into Geneva/Carouge/La Praille. Also it is well served by public transport to the city or train station. Getting to the airport takes 6 minutes by train from the Central station every 12 minutes during peak hours.
I am sorry to learn that the second coffee machine was not working during the time you needed it, this point has been solved immediately and was due to a technical failure of the machine.
I was surprised to learn of the ants and do sincerely apologise for it. I have spoken with my head housekeeper and Front office Manager who have taken care of the issue in the meantime.
Finally I agree that the information should have been given properly in regards to the renting of bike, my Front Office Manager is reinforcing the communication on this issue.
I hope this will help you choose to book with us again during your next trip to Geneva. Kind regards.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was booked into this hotel as it was close to the office. It's immediately next to the football stadium so wouldn't like to stay here on match days. The area will be overcrowded and noisy. The hotel reception is accessible from the drop off area outside but also from the shopping centre. A lot of guests ate breakfast in the centre's cafes. Breakfast was good with variety of food stuffs for continental and cooked breakfast. My colleague was disappointed to have a room with very narrow single beds, but my double was fine. The duvets are a bit small, however!

Room Tip: Ask to not have a single bed if you would like some space
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for sharing your review via Tripadvisor, I am pleased to read your positive comments.
We are indeed located next to the stadium but there the disturbance is very low as not many matches are played here and the attendance is low.
I would also like to inform you that all beddings will be replaced during our future room refurbishment this summer.
On behalf of the entire team at the Ramada Encore Geneva and myself we look forward to welcoming you back the hotel during your next trip to Geneva.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carouge
Hotel Des Horlogers
#1 of 1 in Plan Les Ouates
Cité
Hotel Central
Hotel Central
#48 of 109 in Geneva

Been to Ramada Encore Geneva? Share your experiences!