“I cannot make up my mind...”

Ramada Encore Geneva
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Carouge
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This was a pretty basic hotel. The room made made a bit of a cheap impression but everything worked well, was clean and the bathroom was very nice.

I am a tall guy and the duvet was a very thin short piece of fabric - calling it a duvet would not be fair to real duvets' so I have a bit of mixed feelings. I liked the hotel but the duvet kind of pulled me in a negative direction.

On a postive note - the staff at the front desk was super friendly and professional.

1  Thank JAJ9999
encore2009, General Manager at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Thank you for your sharing your review on Tripadvisor, it is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed our service. I do aplogize if you were not satisfied with our duvets. They all measure 160X240 cm or 240X240 cm and they are all synthetic duvets to prevent allergies with our clients. We do have feather duvets on request. I am pleased to inform you that we are in the process of renovating our rooms this year and will also improve the bedding. I hope this might help you make up your mind and consider staying with us again!
Your feedback is extremely valuable to us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Encore Geneva

Reviewed February 2, 2013

The rooms and staff were great. Rooms are spacious and clean with a good bathroom. The staff is courteous and willing ti help on any issue. Accessing the center of the city takes a few minutes but the bus stop is just in front of the hotel and the busses run quite regularly. The adjoining mall makes it easy to get nearly anything you might need.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Schaej00
encore2009, Manager at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

It is an absolute pleasure to read your positive reviews online and on behalf of the entire team at the Ramada Encore Geneva, I would like to thank you for recognising the hard work and friendly service our team has provided.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel very soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel is next to the Stade de Geneve. There is also a shopping mall and restaurant. Public transportation and taxis are readily available. Staff is very helpful. Breakfast is extensive but a little pricey CHF23, an express breakfast is also available for less money. Rooms are adequate, Bathrooms are nice, the shower particularly, not your typical European shower! Like everything else in Geneva, the room rates were a bit high.

Room Tip: The rooms in the rear of the building overlook the rail yards!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
encore2009, General Manager at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed our services and also the product that we offer at the Ramada Encore Geneva and we thank you for sharing your positive feedback online.
Concerning your remark about the price range, our rates have been studied according to the hotel market in Geneva, and we feel that we provide good value given our location and facilities.
We will be pleased to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.
Very best regards,

Reviewed January 21, 2013

nice place, it delivers what you expect: a room which is nicer than same level or same price rooms in downtown hotels.
service was efficient and even caring, price is correct.
the hotel is not so close to city center (4-5 km) and the surrounding area is not funny, the hotel being located between a football stadium and a commercial centre.
it's functional, no-frills but even good taste global feeling, the hotel seemed a bit cold in terms of atmosphere but I personally do not like Geneva (depressing) nor Switzerland (obsessive/conservative, respectable/false) so it's maybe a personal matter...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
encore2009, Directeur général at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Ramada Encore Geneva and for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor.
I was pleased to read your positive notes concerning our services and prices as we are working hard to make every guest experience the best it can be.
We are indeed located within La Praille shopping center which offer several restaurants, a bowling game, and shops at your room door. Our rooms will be renovated this year and I can inform you that the color scheme that might have given you the cold feelings will be changed to warmer colors.
Even though you might not enjoy your time in Switzerland/ Geneva for personal matter please know that we will continue focusing on making each guest’ stay as pleasant as possible, and we hope to be able to adapt your personal feeling if your travel again in Geneva.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

I attended a 3-day international meeting at the conference centre adjoining the hotel and found it clean, comfortable and quiet. I appreciated the selection of coffees and teas in the room, but Wi-fi, although free, was sometimes patchy and I had difficulty getting a signal. Although out of the centre of Geneva, there are 2 buses which take you there in 15-20 minutes and with free transport card provided by the hotel, it's alright. There are apparently at least half a dozen good restaurants within 20 minutes' walk of the hotel (which I did not have time to try), but there is a pizzeria in the shopping centre next door. A taxi ride to the airport will set you back 40-50 Swiss Francs and takes less than half an hour.

Good points: Staff were friendly and the breakfast spread was more than adequate - love the pancake machine! - with a daily selection of fresh fruit even in mid-winter, which was much appreciated. The catered teas and lunches provided by the hotel were excellent; I must commend the kitchen for a delicious daily selection ranging from soups, salads and charcuterie, to main courses and desserts, and lovely pastries (the galette and jam doughnuts were yummy).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments via Tripadvisor, it is with great delight I read through your review and will share it with the whole team.
I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast offer as we’re continuously working to improve the selection. I will pass your compliments on to my kitchen staff with pleasure!
Concerning your critic about internet I would like to inform you that we will improve our system further this year by bringing optical fiber into the rooms and installing individual access points in all rooms for WIFI and cable.
We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Kind regards.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

this ramada hotel is on the highway but has a shopping mall and business centre in its premises. it is situated on the highway so taxis and not available easily here but public transport such as tram and bus service is available in a short walking distance from the hotel's premises. the hotel is a comfortable one and the reception staff is co-operative , but mind that geneve is a crowded city unlike the rest of switzerland and be aware of pickpockets in crowded area specially in crowded busses. this hotel is about and hour and a half distance from the airport by bus which you have to change once at bell air.

Room Tip: be aware of pickpockets in crowded areas and busses
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased you have enjoyed your stay with us although your experience with transport might not have been as comfortable as expected. The hotel is well served by public transport and directly connected to the city in 15 minutes with free transport card for our guests. Please know that the reception is at all time available to order a taxi for our guests.
The hotel is located at 100 m. from the end of the dual carriage way leading into Geneva/ Carouge /La Praille. This makes that the hotel is easily reached by car.
I can understand you impression about the crowd in Geneva, but it is home to only 180 000 inhabitants which makes it the second largest city in Switzerland. Its international influence makes it the ‘‘smallest of big cities’’.
In the end I would like to thank you for your compliment about the friendliness of the staff. I will pass that on with pleasure.
We hope to welcome you back soon and do not hesitate to contact us should you need any help with future reservations.
Very best regards.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel 4 seperate times due to it being chosen by the company i work for. Three of those stays lasted four weeks. My most recent was from the end of November to the end of December 2012. This hotel is servicable for a short stay. However, due to several factors i do not reccomend it.
The beds are too hard and the inablity to open a window for fresh air makes it very uncomfortable. The staff have, over time, become more attentive and the breakfasts are ok. The location of a hotel right next to a railyard is still a puzzling choice. I never thought that the sound of trains at all hours was a good idea for a hotel.
A stay duration of a weekend, or less than a week, is fine for this hotel. A stay langer than a week becomes more a test of endurance than one of comfort. The T.V. is useless unless you understand French. I suppose this makes sense since French is the main Language in Geneve. On a long stay it becomes very tedious. The WIFi connection has become poor. During my previous stays, i never had trouble with the internet connectivity. This time I had a sporadic connection. It was fairly strong but it would fade for a few minutes every now and again.
Not having a kitchenette in the room during a long stay is very unsatisfying. Geneve is a very expensive place to eat out. The food in fantastic but going out every night will bankrupt most working class folks.
I have asked my company each time to offer optional hotels. I am afraid i will be sent to The Ramada Encore again in the future. Geneve has several hotels. If you are staying for any long period fo time look around.

E a S

Room Tip: If you stay here make sure your room is at the top and front of the hotel. This helps with the view...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank erik s
encore2009, Directeur général at Ramada Encore Geneva, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Thanks very much for your review. I would like to apologize for some of the issues you mention and I’m happy to inform you that we will be renovating our rooms in summer 2013 and the beds will be made more comfortable and that every room will have its individual access point for WIFI or cable to improve the service as the actual system suffers from the development of all the devices that want to access the system. As of the 14th January 2013 we will be opening our restaurant again and I will see if we can develop for clients that are staying for alonger period an interesting half board package. As the TV signal comes from the local provider of the cable signal we’re bind to their choice which is obviously not always the best. I would like to apologize for this. For your information the railway is only used a few hours a day as it’s a freight railway distribution centre of Geneva and not many trains are passing here anymore. I would like to ask you to inform me directly when your next reservation will be done as we will finish a show room in January and I would like to have your feed-back about it. I wish you a happy 2013 and look forward welcoming you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Carouge
ibis budget Geneve Petit Lancy
Ibis Geneve Petit Lancy
Hotel Des Horlogers
Hotel Des Horlogers
#1 of 1 in Plan Les Ouates
Movenpick Hotel & Casino Geneva
ibis Geneve Centre Nations
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conference Center
Starling Geneva Hotel & Conferen...
#1 of 2 in Le Grand Saconnex

Been to Ramada Encore Geneva? Share your experiences!