“Fantastic Italian Cuisine”

La Veranda Hotel Posta
Ranked #4 of 11 Restaurants in Moltrasio
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Restaurant "La Veranda" offers accommodation for 70 people, the location is ideal for any event. The kitchen offers typical local dishes as well as international specialties, prepared with imagination and experience of our Chef Laura & Paolo . The welcome and service are our passwords, we are at guests disposal to advise and guide them in the dishes' choice and wines selected among the best labels.
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The food is excellent, traditional italian home cooking at its best and very affordable. The pasta is wonderful and the lake fish is so fresh. Very good choice of affordable wine.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We were staying at the Grand Hotel Imperiale in Moltrasio on Lake Como but were not impressed by the menu selection in that restaurant. So we walked 5 minutes to the next door hotel, Albergo Posta. It really was an extraordinary dining experience. Much of the local fare comes right out of Lake Como and is fresh. Pike-Perch (lucioperca) was served with sauteed artichoke hearts and stems and Mackerel and other freshwater fish were sautéed in light olive oil. We also tried the ricotta ravioli with sautéed artichokes which was outstanding. The only disappointment was the tagliolini frutti mare which tasted like boring spaghetti in seafood red sauce. I would have to say the staff was attentive and friendly as well. And the prices with a bottle of red wine were quite reasonable. Moltrasio is on the lake fairy route between Como and Belaggio which runs fairly often. However the boats stop running kind of early. The restaurant is across the main road from the lake and doesn't have pretty views. But it is certainly one of the best meals I have had in italy.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

We came from Como by ferry to Moltasio on a Sunday. There were a few diners at the restaurant, and by 2pm it was full. Our meal consisted of pasta (Spaghetti and Tortella Ricotta) with a half carafe vino. The service was good, and the menu was reasonable. If we were visiting this region again, we would dine again at this restaurant.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I have to say I am not sure that we and the previous reviewer (SpringboyCham) dined at the same restaurant. My husband and I, along with our three teenagers, have just returned from an excellent meal at La Veranda. We did not have a reservation; nevertheless we were graciously accepted and shown to a very nice table on the terrace overlooking the lake. The food was fantastic (I had the house made ravioli, my husband the tagliatelle with porcini mushrooms). I am already planning my return visit so I can order the tagliatelle. To the previous reviewer I would say only: this is Lake Como, in the summer season...people are busy. They put up with my fractured Italian, and my indecisive kids, so I thought the service was fine.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Our second visit to this restaurant was a complete coincidence. We remembered it as soon as we saw it and, due to time constraints, selected this over the Pizzeria next door. Knowing that it hadn't left us overly impressed the year before we tried again anyway.

We realised immediately why it hadn't been a great success - service. Or lack of.

While we were all still studying the menu we were asked for our order. No smile, no 'bonjourno' just a sad face to greet us. It doesn't take a great deal of comprehension to deduce that if 4 people still have their faces in a menu, they probably haven't made a choice yet.

A series of sulky, gormless waiters and waitresses served us over the next hour each forgetting things and looking so fed up it was depressing. The service ruined any pleasure we could have taken from the meal.

The couple on the next table beckoned a waitress and asked for desserts. "Do you want to order or do you want a menu?" said the unsmiling waitress. A look of contempt on the customer's face said it all!

Won't go again.