Open today: 8:00 AM - 12:30 PM
Review Highlights
A true taste of Como!

If you’re staying in Moltrasio, you should definitely allocate time a cheese and wine night with... read more

Reviewed October 22, 2018
joanna2019
Birkirkara, Malta
via mobile
Lake Como highlight

Tripadvisor has it wrong - this is the No1 thing that you must do when in Moltrasio! We stayed in... read more

Reviewed September 20, 2018
chriscI9419AF
Brunswick Heads, Australia

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 5, 2018 via mobile

This is the friendliest and most delicious market. A true Italian experience. We loaded up on meat, cheese, and wine and are going back for more! Paolo is very helpful and takes care of his customers.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed July 2, 2017

This is the only store in Moltrasio. My children and I walked there and the owner was just opening. He was very kind, took good care of us and made local recommendations.
He did not have some things that we needed but said that he could get them the next day if we wanted. Thanks from the rainy day family!

Date of experience: June 2017
Reviewed June 6, 2017

Do not miss a visit to this shop if you anywhere in the area. Try the sardines in olive oil and vinegar! The owners are most helpful and friendly.

Date of experience: May 2017
Reviewed April 26, 2017

We stayed in Moltrasio for a week and came here every day for everything we needed, crunchy fresh bread rolls, every type of meat and cheese you and imagine, and all the daily essentials.

Paolo & Monica's shop was filled with local people chatting and laughing and they went out of their way to make us feel welcome. My 8 year old daughter wanted some coloured pens or pencils to make a birthday card, and they kindly lent her a hole box of pens they must use for making signs, which made her day!

We really loved getting to know them just a little (and Dexter their gorgeous dog), and will cherish our memories of our time in Moltrasio.

Date of experience: April 2017
1  Thank figgyandhazza
Reviewed October 15, 2016

I was taking a walk from Tosnacco the Panorama path to Carate -Urio. When I got to Carate I decided to walk down and follow the old Via Regia (or as it is called now Via Regina in honor of Regina Teodolinda) back to Moltrasio and Tosnacco. On the way back the sun was setting and I thought..."well, let's find a nice bar, drink a glass of wine and look at the sunset"...walking all the way back to Moltrasio I couldn't find any nice place that would satisfied me...so I decided to go back to my car in Tosnacco and find a place in Como. I passed by the Micromercato and stopped, they where closing, but with courtesy and helpfulness they let me enter. In their fridge I found a little bottle of white wine of Orvieti, I also bought a delicious homemade cake with figs, dates and raisins. We parted as friends and I was very sorry that I couldn't bring my Swedish friends to visit the next day. Paolo opened the bottle to me...and the I found myself a bench where I sat enjoying my wine, my panino and my delicious cake watching the sun go down in the Como lake. If you are in the neighbourhood don't hesitate to stop at this little excellent alimentari. They're closed during lunch time 12.30 p.m. to 16 p.m.

Date of experience: October 2016