“Best three nights out of our month long vacation in Italy!”

Villa Regina Teodolinda
Ranked #2 of 6 Laglio B&B and Inns
Naples, Florida
“Best three nights out of our month long vacation in Italy!”
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Don't be fooled, there is not a ton to do here. However we travelled with our 5 & 7 year old children and we truly had the most enjoyable three nights out of a month long vacation in Italy. If you are looking for a calm and quite spot to simply relax for a few days, then this is it. The setting could not be any ore picturesque. The restaurant recommendations were spot on. Lagio itself is not big, but is central enough to other towns so that you don't feel like you are "stuck". A car is absolutely necessary. Hands down the most memorable part of our whole trip to Italy was jumping in that refreshing lake with our children!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank beachbella6905

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
St.Albans
Reviewed July 30, 2010

We stayed for 2 nights at the Regina Teodolinda in June. The hotel is wonderful, really quaint gorgeous rooms and it is right on lake como. Unfortunately, when we arrived, the owner had decided to invite all her friends over for a pool party, so it was manic and we felt like we had invaded a private party.
We also didnt hire a car and I would highly recommend you do. The bus is really infrequent to the next town and if you do catch it, you will need to buy a ticket beforehand! We waited for an hour for a bus and then when we didnt have a ticket the bus drove straight past us. There are no taxis in the immediate area either, we had to get a kind chap in a restaurant to drive us back or we would have been stranded - what a lovely man!
If you dont have a car, as well you are restricted to eating in the same restaurant every night - as this is the only one recommended in the village.
We had a lovely stay but it would have been so much better if we had had a car :-)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Samantha1a
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My partner and I loved this hotel. It is in a really quiet, quaint and charming town on the lake which comes as a complete rest-bite to the over busy Belagio full of tourists voices. The breakfast location on the terrace overlooking the lake is breathtakingly beautiful - a magical place.

The staff are all knowledgable about the local area but don't bombard you with info - they leave it up to you to decide what you would like to do and then they help with recommendations and bookings restuarants, arranging boats etc etc.

We really hope to go back soon as it is the perfect antidote to living in a busy city - an ideal place to kick back and take a few days out. I couldn't recommend it more.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sharby72
Cheltenham
Reviewed May 18, 2010

I struggled for weeks trying to find an intimate boutique hotel on the shores of Lake Como to which I could take my wife for her 40th birthday. After dismissing the grand palace hotels as completely impersonal, I stumbled across RRT and it was very clear from the website that this was exactly what I was looking for.

Having booked through the website I swapped emails with Elena one of the hosts, and decided to book the romantic suite on the first floor of the hotel. Elena was also kind enough to recommend a nearby restaurant for dinner on my wife's birthday, which was so good we went back the next night for a second crack at the whip.

The hotel itself has I think about half a dozen rooms each of which is decorated in the "shabby chic" style. Our suite looked out over the lake and consisted of a reception room, bedroom and small bathroom (equipped with a jacuzzi). The rooms were superb, very elegant and incredibly restful. On most days we would come back to the hotel mid afternoon and just sit in the suite reading and admiring the view.

The breakfast selection was fine (continental) with good quality offerings. The hotel does not cater for anything other than breakfast so you will need to eat out for lunch and dinner.

Elena our host was great, very easy to strike up a relationship with, and helpful where she could be.

My only criticism of the hotel is that it is easy to miss the gates from the road on your first approach, the entrance is almost unsigned. However once the gates swing open, the view through them over the lake is breathtaking.

The hotel is moderately expensive but for the price you are buying into a intimate experience. You will not get a palace hotel with dozens of rooms serverd by snotty waiting staff, but instead you will get a boutique hotel which has been stylishly restored, with spectacular views and great memories.

We have toyed with idea of bringing our two daughters back this summer (they are 8 and 3) but have decided not to do this, not because of anything to do with the hotel but because there is not a huge amount to do for children in the area. This is very much an adult's hotel offering a stylish experience. Definitely will be revisiting at some point.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarkECheltenham
London
Reviewed May 9, 2010

Gorgeous views from our room across the lake, lovely decor, great breakfast. Would definitely stay here again, especially in the warmer months when you can enjoy their outdoor dining, seating and pool. Only downside was that we were on the first floor and the wooden floor above us was noisy when the couple were in their room.

Easy to park if you're bringing a car - they have an internal parking area off the street. Easy 1 hour drive from Milan airport.

Extremely friendly staff - gave us lots of tips / places to go / restaurants to visit etc. Made the whole weekend extremely enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tsmith1977
MAdrid
Reviewed February 16, 2010

This is the first review I writte as so far I have been checking TA only to get input for a planned trip to India and Maldives. However as I am so greatful for the feedback I am getting I felt that I had to leave some input for others to come, so I thought what was the greatest experience I have had in the last years and Relais Regina Teodolinda came to my mind right away.

RRT has everything I personally can ask from a hotel (and believe me, the last years between NY, Lech in Austria, Paris, India, Denmark, Spain, Istanbul, etc, etc, have been quite hectic in hotels of 5* and 4*).

What we liked most of RRT:

1. The location: absolute superbe. Less than one hour drive from Malpensa Airport in Milan, in the middle of Lago di Como we enjoyed making visits to Bellagio, Como and all the tiny and marvellous spots in Lago di Como.

2. The attention: Daniela and Elena, really made us feel at home. With their great conversation (although not intruding) with their most valuable tips as to what to see, what to do and where to eat. Just an A+

3. The waiter, Sorry I forgot his name!!! An incredible gentleman who came from Sri Lanka, so gentle, polite and ready to help and be of assistance that really made us feel at home.

4. The house and the rooms: really huge (both) and decorated with such a great taste. Nothing out of place, the real luxury is to feel that everything is in its place, nothing accidental and nothing redundant.

5. Above all, the feeling that we were not in a hotel but in an extreamely beautiful house, maybe belonging to some friends who had invited to stay for the weekend. Of course that feeling disapeared when we had to pay the bill!!! but although expensive, was really worth every penny we paid.

and finally one word about other reviews. Although I fully respect the views of other travellers, reading what others had to say about this real hiden gem, makes me understand better the critics of those places that I am searching for my future trip. There is people extreamly picky! Do you think the swiming pool was small? To me it was the perfect size to help you feeling, again, that you were in a nice country house of some relatives or friends. If you just plant a huge swiming pool in the delicate garden you would have ruined the atmosphere and the balance of the garden and the house. I dont remember but I think the house only had like 5 or 6 suites!

We always remember this trip to Como and the days in RRT as one of our best hotels experiences and really hope to go back rather sooner than later.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with friends
1 Thank JavierCC2
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed October 29, 2009

My husband and I, together with our two sons [in their 20"s] stayed for 5 days. Although I had seen photos on the internet, the actual hotel and setting far exceeded our expectations. Without asking, we were upgraded to the romantic suite and our boys were also upgraded to a double bedroom.
Yes, the swimming pool is on the small side but we chose to swim in the lake every day. With a hire car, it was a real bonus to have such great off-street and secure parking. Admittedly, there is no evening dining, but there are such great little restaurants 5-10 minutes along the road. We were also a little confused about lunch as it was not mentioned to us. It was only when we saw other guests with a menu that we clicked. Elena was brilliant. By mistake I left my camera at the check out desk and she arranged for it to be brought on to London with another departing guest - what service !

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank Wes13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laglio
Grand Hotel Imperiale
Filario Hotel & Residences
Hotel Villa Flori
Hotel Villa Flori
#5 of 32 in Como

Been to Villa Regina Teodolinda? Share your experiences!