All reviewshour drivelake comowedding venuewedding receptionreginasuiteroadvillaviewsgiorgio
Reviewed October 26, 2009

I traveled last spring with my husband to the Como Lake. We were fascinated with the scenery of the Lake as well as, with most of the villages around. The specific guesthouse was also one of the main reason that this trip was so romantic and special.

Relais Regina is located in a very quite and beautiful road near the lake. It is a beautiful relais that is old, but very stylish renovated. We stayed at the attic room, that the ceiling was really low, though it was a very cosy and romantic room. The furniture and the decoration was well fitted to the old building, but at the same time was very pleasant and joyful. The view from the room was also fabulous towards the lake, through a roof window.

The breakfast, was served at tables on the garden overlooking the lake once more. The view from there was just great. The breakfast was made of high quality products in a wide variety.

The reception lady was very helpful, giving as information for restaurants and sightseeing, though the owner lady was not very interested in talking or even smiling to visitors, I would described her rather snob. We found the room prices overrated, so we asked for a better price and they accepted.

There was also a swimming pool, that was really small and not so clean, I think it was more as a decorative element rather than for swimming.

The internet access was a problem, because was not available in the rooms and the only place you can access it was on the patio.

Concluding, I would describe the guesthouse very stylish (in contrast to most of the guesthouses of the area), quite private, romantic with best view of the lake (exactly on the lake).

1  Thank haraAthens
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I was there with my wife and we loved the place, though we expected to find more for the price we paid. Breakfast was good but pretty standard. There was nothing stating if lunch or dinner was offered, however, we saw a couple eating lunch. Nobody explained to us that only upon request and for certain guests, lunch would be provided. When we asked the reception, she explained we had to make a reservation for lunch or ask the staff. We are not sure how this system works. For dinner, we were told to dine out.

Pool wasn't a pool but a bowl, which was nice when there wasn't anybody in it but sometimes the owners and their friends were there to hang out and we couldnt swim; it was pretty disappointing and rude.

Staff was nice but seemed overworked because we saw the same two faces all of our stay and they were yelled at by the managers.

The "bar" closed very early at night and every time we got back from dinner there was nobody at reception receiving us. Unfortunately, we had to disturb the custodians living there.

Though the idea of the magnetic badge to open the gate and to the rooms was nice and worked out pretty well.

Location was nice and really relaxing, not to far from Como and Switzerland.

2  Thank flyingasert
Reviewed September 20, 2009

Como lake is the best place to sleep and to get married. I have tried the first and seen the second - both were fabulous!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed August 18, 2009

What a fabulous introduction to lake Como. We were so lucky to discover the hotel. From the moment we arrived we fell under the magical spell of the Lake and the venue. Elena warmly welcomed us and provided local information. We adored our room, windows opening out on to the Lake and overlooking the garden. There was a small wedding when we were there, the family were very thoughtful, our room was filled with wedding roses. We spent a lot of time relaxing in the garden, it really didn't get much better than that! The excellent location provided us with a good base to visit other places on the Lake, however we were both delighted to return to the sanctuary of the garden. The excellent breakfast was even more enjoyable sitting on the terrace overlooking "that" Lake.
Daniela has done a fabulous job of creating a very special place that we can all share.
Thanks Daniela and Elena, we fell under the spell of the the Lake we were totally captivated an enchanted, we were so lucky to have found you.
Mille grazie. Same time next year!
Ciao

Reviewed July 9, 2009

My wife and I just returned home to Arizona after getting married at the Relias Regina Teodolinda in early June. We were lucky enough to stay here for five nights before traveling to other regions of Italy on our honeymoon. First, let me start by saying this is the most incredible B&B, located in the picture perfect town of Laglio. The website pictures are beautiful, but no picture can do this place justice. When you arrive you encounter a huge red iron gate that sweeps open to a panoramic view of the lake and the town across the water. Once you park your car (there is plenty of free parking inside the gate- which is rare), you stroll up to this gorgeous building- which was remodeled a couple years ago by the owner Daniela - but still has the charm of a 500 year old villa. Daniela and the hotel staff were there to greet us, carry our luggage upstairs and provide a wealth of information about the local towns and restaurants. We stayed in the romantic suite (the picture with the zebra rug), which was worth every penny. This classic old world suite has all the modern luxuries a guest could want (comfortable bed and linens, flat screen television, mini bar, hairdryer, and an embroidered bag filled with toiletries.) The room was spotless and extremely large - which my wife appreciated when getting ready for our wedding.

Every morning we enjoyed a bountiful breakfast in the courtyard overlooking the lake. Breakfast consisted of an assortment of fresh fruits, meats, cheeses, pastries, yogurts and cereals, accompanied by fresh juices and espresso. Don't be surprised if your breakfast turns into a relaxing two or three hours of chatting with other guests and the hotel manager, Elena - who is absolutely fantastic!

I could go on forever (but I want people to actually read this)... In short, our RRT experience was exquisite; the owner and her staff were incredibly friendly, accommodating and helpful,. This is a beautiful place with caring people who make your stay one-of-a-kind. My wife has already made me promise to take her back for our anniversary and I will be happy to oblige.

I highly recommend that you stay at this wonderful B&B!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple