“Quaint”

Relais Villa Vittoria
Los Angeles, California
“Quaint”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Firstly, my stay Relais Villa Vittoria was for business, the annual Proposte trade show. I thought it would be nice to be a little out of the main center of Cernobbio, next time though I will stay closer to town (Hotel Villa Flori!) as there is not much to do or you would have to take a 20/30 minute drive into town to experience more restaurants.

Back to Relais Villa Vittoria, plus is that it is quiet and slow paced, highly recommend if you are either on a rest/relaxing visit or as in other reviews "couples" visit. There were several families staying at the Villa during my stay too. Rooms,... quaint.

My issues with this Villa is that it is more of a nice inn, I thought the service was spotty. They messed up my reservation and shorted me one night and although they did suggest another hotel it was quite frankly "deer in the headlights" sorry for the mistake but this is your problem, no compensation. I asked if they would let me leave a day early without charge as this was there mistake and I would only have to move once, blank horrified stare and NO.

Just ok.

Room Tip: If you want more restaurants stay in Cernobbio, Beds are just ok, some showers can be super small. I...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank suesoh10
Laura R, Proprietario at Relais Villa Vittoria, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

We thank you for your words of appreciation towards our Villa.

Your choice was perfect for relaxing after a day of work, and this is one of the aspects that people on business usually require, as we are out of a crowd in a quiet village, but still only 10 minutes drive away from Cernobbio and 15 minutes from Como.

Regarding the reservation, the check in and check out dates were well specified on the booking form you filled up, as well as the total stay, that was 3, not 4 nights.

As a consequence, we didn’t shorten your stay, but just kept it as you confirmed us.

Also on our forms we always state our cancellation policy, which of course is applied also in case of early departure.

The Hotel we suggested you was the only one we could find available in Cernobbio, close to the fair but in a quiet place, as we thought you would have appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Lancashire
Reviewed May 8, 2013

The hotel is right on the banks of Lake Como with fantastic views across the water. Throughout is beautifully furnished with classic furniture in a modern way. Our room was classed as a romantic room with a lake view and was just perfect. With a balcony to sit out on in the morning sun and plenty of room to make you feel at home rather than being squashed on the edge of a bed. The breakfast was very average with fruit juice out of a carton and a limited choice of fruit. But every breakfast we have had in Italy so far has been like this so maybe it is just how they have it. The restaurant downstairs was good although the tenderness of the meat was a bit hit and miss. And the parking is very limited although they managed to squeeze us in in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: I didn't see any of the other rooms but if you are going all this way to see the lakes you might...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This hotel is a real find. It’s small (10 rooms I think) but perfect. An incredibly romantic setting, overlooking the beautiful lake. We have literally returned 2 days ago and I have never before felt compelled to write a review but this place is really quite special. The owner, Daniela could not have been more accommodating or helpful. The staff in general were all friendly and helpful, in particular there was a Polish lady who was just brilliant and seemed to manage to be in 10 places at once, she really went out of her way to look after us. Our room was amazing, overlooking the lake, beautifully furnished. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to anyone and we're already planning a return. The place has a real charm and delivers on every aspect but without the corporate, stuffy feel of the large hotels such as Villa D'Este. My husband was debating between Villa Vittoria or one of the 'famed' large hotels and I am so glad he went with V. Vittoria. I urge you to visit!!

Room Tip: Choose a lake view!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debbie3003
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We truly enjoyed this little gem of a hotel. We stayed in the Lakeview suite which is an absolute must if you choose this hotel. It is beautifully appointed. The sleep quality is great as this is a very serene place. The small infinity pool is in my opinion better than any of the floating pools of Villa D'Este or Grand Tremezzo. We almost ended up staying at Grand Tremezzo and are glad we didn't as this hotel had much more charm. The views from the hotel across the lake are fabulous. The food was outstanding, albeit the menu stayed the same throughout the week. The staff were exceedingly friendly (a couple from Romania and Moldavia). The owner herself, while friendly was not particularly outgoing and did not make an effort to engage with us, but in the end that didn't bother us, it surprised us as we have always had a very different experience with small family-owned hotels. If you are staying on Lake Como two things are musts: 1) Villa Balbianello and 2)Rent a boat for the day to explore the lake. We would come back and stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Silvia C
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed in the hotel August 2012 and it was absolutely beautiful. The hotel itself was lovely and our small room was not small, it was perfect. The pool area was so relaxing and serene with a great infinity pool overlooking the lake. The evening meal on the balcony was candlelit and incredibly romantic and the food was delicious. There was a really relaxed atmosphere and the staff were accommodating and very friendly. We stayed for two nights and didn't leave because we wanted to make the most of the facilities the hotel provided and the food was so good we didn't want to stray from the restaurant in the evening. Will look forward to returning some day...

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
bangkok
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I was here with my wife for 2 nights during first week of October. This hotel was recommended by a friend and he was able to pursuade me to no stay in villa d'este....he mentioned something about a certain nationality that often crowd that hotel. I booked prestige lake view suite and I would have to say that the room met my every expectation. Tastefully decorated and spacious with a very big terrace (had breakfast there as well). Check in was fast and I would have to agree that some of the staff were a bit stiff, but never rude. The parking is small....I made the mistake of renting an audi a6 and took 10 minutes to get out of the tiny parking lot. I later moved to the bigger lot about 75 meters down the road....a bit of a pain in the buttocks. I didn't have dinner there as my wife was a bit put off by the breakfast which I would have to say is disappointing.

There are quirks here and there as you will find with boutique hotels....noise from above room, guest and or staff chattering (yes, it's that small), but it's a very beautiful place

Overall, this hotel is very good and with a bit more attention, can be great. And I really enjoyed my stay here. If asked if I would return, I would say no not because of the hotel, but there are so many other hotels in Como.

Room Tip: Choose the lake view prestige suite....it's worth it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vituwat
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a weeks holiday in Lake Como. We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights after spending the previous 5 nights at Villa Mirabella in Cadenabbia (I have also put a review on for Mirabella).

Villa Vittoria is a chic boutique hotel and the decor is gorgeous. There is limited parking but we managed to park outside the gate. We were too early to check in but the staff were very friendly and were more than happy for us to use the pool area until our room was ready. The pool area and eating areas are also gorgeous with amazing views. We stayed in the 'Cosy' room which has a small entrance hall, large bedroom with a sofa and large bathroom. Breakfast was usual for the area with choice of breads, ham, yogurts, jams, boiled eggs etc. The breakfast room is very quaint and charming!

The pool bar area is lovely but expensive, it was 9 euros for a G&T and 8 euros for a sandwich. Both lovely though I might add!

We ate at the hotel restaurant one evening and the food was lovely. I would say it was also expensive though at over 100 euros for the two of us. Laglio is a small quiet town and there isn't much around the hotel so I would say a car is a necessity if you are going to stay here. There are a couple of restaurants in Laglio but it is a very quiet.

Location wise I would say our first hotel was much better for us. The towns of Tremezzo, Cadenabbia, Menaggio, Bellagio are much busier with plenty of choices for places to eat/drink. I think we made the right choice staying in Cadenabbia for the 5 nights and spending the last 2 relaxing in Laglio.

However, if you have a car and would like to stay at a gorgeous boutique hotel away from the busier towns then the location shouldn't be a problem (it's also just along the road from George Clooney's house, got to be a bonus!). We loved it.

Room Tip: The 'Cosy' room has no lake or garden view, it faces out to the road but it tells you this o...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laglio
Grand Hotel Tremezzo
Grand Hotel Imperiale
Grand Hotel Imperiale
#1 of 2 in Moltrasio
Filario Hotel & Residences

Been to Relais Villa Vittoria? Share your experiences!