“We were the only patrons :(”
Review of La Canottieri

La Canottieri
Ranked #14 of 25 Restaurants in Domaso
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Cork, Ireland
“We were the only patrons :(”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

My Husband and I booked this restaurant after reading good reviews. We booked our table for 8pm on a Thursday evening. There were no other diners there when we arrived and none arrived while we were there. We choose the restaurant for the view, but of course it was dark and we were indoors, so there was no view.
The menu was in Italian, the man of the house did try to translate. He recommended the fish starter and main course. My Husband had the fish starter which was good, but very intense.
He had the veal main course which was only very average. I had a vegetarian pizza, which was huge but very bland.
We walked to the restaurant which was very dangerous as there isn't a continuous footpath.

• Visited September 2012

Lymington, Hampshire,England
“Excellent and unpretentious”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

La Canottieri is the restaurant is the base for Circolo Vela Canottieri Domaso (CVCD). CVCD is a local sailing club which occasionally organises international sailing events. There is a parallel business renting out motor boats to use on Lake Como. The lakeside views from the restaurant are stunning

The food is good. No gourmet pretentions but honest Italian food.

I ate there almost every day for a week as a guest of the CVCD. I was helping run a regatta from the offices downstairs. When we had lunch the pasta was home made and delicious. Risotto equally good. Pizzas likewise. Portion sizes were huge and my bambini size pizza was bigger than one would have as a full serving in UK .

When they do a more structured evening meal the starters were simple - bressaola etc. The thin sliced roast beef was delicious. Desserts were simple but good - the apple strudel delicious.

Good house wine. Lots of locals. Nice atmosphere.

• Visited September 2012
Lugano, Switzerland
“Excellent restaurant”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Today it was my first time in this restaurant. I ate a wonderful "focaccia primavera": a pizza with over a salad. This kind of pizza is very difficult to find in a restaurant or in a pizzeria. In my life is the second time I find it. I finished the dinner with a tris of dessert. It was all sublime !
Furthermore the view of the lake is marvellous.

• Visited May 2012
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great Snack-bar with a fantastic view”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

this is a small little a snack-bar tat also serves pizza from the oven. the terrasss gives you a fantastic view over the lake that you would pay 3 times more down in Menaggio. Definitely worth a stop when en route from Como to Switzerland.