Travelling alone and looking for cool, peace and quiet after an exhausting week in Florence at an international conference, I happened on this modest hotel in an interesting little village high above Lake Como. Just perfect for what I needed. The room was plain but comfortable and who cared anyway when that superlative view of sky, mountains and lake filled every window - even the bathroom windows. A quiet read, a stroll down the mountain tracks, or, when feeling more energetic, a funicular ride into town. The quiet of the night and the low sound of the wind was very soothing. The hotel will definitely be on any future itinerary in Europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The small eco-friendly family hotel Paradiso sul Lago, existing from 1908, is located at 900 metres a.s.l. in a wonderful panoramic location with view on the nicest area of the Lake Como from Moltrasio to Laglio where George Clooney owns Villa Oleandra. There are several possibilities for boat tour or hiking from the hotel and for your relax you can use the big swimming pool and solarium on the lake view terrace. At walking distance there is the Volta Lighthouse tower with a unique view on the Alps and the Lake Como. The hotel and its 12 rooms have been renovated in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Paradiso Sul Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Paradiso Sul Lago Hotel Brunate
- Hotel Paradiso Sul Lago Brunate, Lake Como, Italy