Stayed at the Paradiso Sul Lago as part of a road trip across the north of Italy celebrating the good lady's birthday and seriously, I don't think either of us will encounter a more breathtaking view than the one from the hotel's terrace looking out over Lake Como.
The hosts Andrea and Paola make you feel incredibly welcome and nothing is too much trouble. The 3* rating is probably about right as this is essentially a no-frills B&B which is clean, well-run, serving a decent breakfast but the big draw, without doubt, is the view.
The location really is in the middle of nowhere and, if you did like we did and drove to the hotel, you need to have your wits about you and be prepared for the hair-raising journey from Como town up to the hotel!! The fact that, for the most part, the road is extremely narrow (even in a Fiat 500!!) and you have no idea what's coming round the numerous blind bends you have the pleasure of encountering makes this one journey where you shouldn't be in a rush to get to your destination!
A shuttle bus services the short journey to and from the funicular, approximately 5 minutes away, where you can enjoy further stunning views both from the top and on the journey down. We decided to stay out in Como town for dinner but it was no trouble for the hotel to pick us up late evening and take us back (that is unless you fancy a 20-minute walk uphill in the dark!!).
Would have no hesitation in returning if just to sit on the hotel's terrace with my good lady and a glass of Prosecco, watching the sun go down over Lake Como. A truly memorable sight to behold.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The small eco-friendly family hotel Paradiso sul Lago, existing from 1908, is located at 900 metres a.s.l. in a wonderful panoramic location with view on the nicest area of the Lake Como from Moltrasio to Laglio where George Clooney owns Villa Oleandra. There are several possibilities for boat tour or hiking from the hotel and for your relax you can use the big swimming pool and solarium on the lake view terrace. At walking distance there is the Volta Lighthouse tower with a unique view on the Alps and the Lake Como. The hotel and its 12 rooms have been renovated in 2011. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Paradiso Sul Lago reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Paradiso Sul Lago Hotel Brunate
- Hotel Paradiso Sul Lago Brunate, Lake Como, Italy