“Lakeside dining”

Ristorante Villa Belvedere Como lake Relais
Reserve with
Ristorante Villa Belvedere Como lake Relais is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 20 Restaurants in Argegno
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The RestaurantThere is a whole lot that is new here and a menu that also brings back the fine wine and cuisine of the area. There are some truly superlative dishes created using essentially simple combinations. The menu has both fish and meat for dishes that are innovative without straying outside the traditions of Italian cooking and the excellence of Mediterranean culture. For those who love sunsets and evenings on the shores of the lake there is also a bar that offers both aperitifs and after dinner drinks, with a range of specialist spirits available. In the summer guests can take lunch or have diner in the evenings outdoors on the terrace that overlooks the lake with its delightful views.
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Belvedere's restaurant overlooks Lake Como. The fish I ordered was excellent as were the salads, soups and vegetables. Deluxe continental breakfast is included in the room price; fresh fruit, pastries, yogurt, fruit juices, hard boiled eggs, and cereal coffee and tea. Definitely order the Crepes Suzette after dinner or for late dessert if you've eaten elsewhere. They're made flambé at the table side; best I've ever had! The staff is friendly and helpful.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

Reserved an evening at the Belvedere to celebrate a birthday. The tables all have a magnificant view of the lake. Each dish has a special twist. Each of us ordered something different so we could try a few entres and all were spectacular. The staff is very professional and attentive. A wonderful experience.

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Unfortunately there are not many restaurants in Argegno but the Ristorante Villa Belvedere is head and shoulders above the rest. The service is first rate with friendly and attentive staff, superb food and amazing views across the lake.

We actually ended up visiting the restaurant 3 times during our week stay in Argegno as we enjoyed it so much there. On all 3 visits we had a main course, dessert, wine and tea/coffee. Although there are comments on here about the prices being high, we didn’t find that the overall price was that much higher than the other restaurants in the area. However the difference in the experience is substantial.

From our 3 visits we tasted the following main courses

Homemade Lasagne with sausage and pesto
Lake Fish of the day with vegetables
Spelt Tagliatelle with scampi, asparagus and cherry tomatoes
Grilled baby Chicken with thyme and lemon
Spaghetti with Cuttlefish carbonara

From the dessert menu we tasted

Gratinated cream lavender flavoured with wild berries
Warm soft chocolate Cup cake with vanilla ice cream
Sorbets and ice creams
Crepes Suzette

All the above dishes were really nice but from my personal experience I would say that my favourite main course was the fish of the day and my favourite dessert was Crepes Suzette.
As for wine, the house white wine (Orvietto) is a really good choice.

If you are going to go to one restaurant in Argegno, make it the Ristorante Villa Belvedere

Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is a quiet place to stop, right by the lake, for a relaxing lunch in Argegno. We had the 'business menu' lunch special which was delicious - fresh vegetables, home made pasta and delicately cooked veal with prosciutto. The service was friendly and helpful and the balcony restaurant has a lovely relaxed feel

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is the second visit since its refurbishment, the first with a party of 20 for a menu fixe, the second time just two of us, so this is an omnibus review. The party was far better than expected with a very good six course spread.
Lunch for two however was an entirely different experience.
Belvedere indeed, right beside the lake and an uninterrupted view across it.
The food however defies the location. This now makes two truly fine dining restaurants in Argegno.
The scallops were so delicious in a citrus sauce, that I almost wish that I had ordered it as a main course, until the main course arrived!
Fillet steak (blue) with foie gras( I skipped the tartuffo dressing), tender, almost blue! but mouthwatering, it was so tasty that the (also very good vegetables) were almost ignored.
The wine list is VERY fair and varied.
This is definitely to be revisited.
I`m not sure that I should send this as I do not want to find that it is so busy that I cannot get a table in future!