The roads around Lake Garda are excellent for driving with so many views that distract you. You have to concentrate as there are lots of bends to negoatiate. In a small open top car or even better on two wheels the ideal form of transport around this area. The Italians love cycling and take care of cyclists on the road.
The camera has the most difficult job as there is so much to see and take pictures of. This part seems very quiet compared to other parts of the lake but within a short drive or bike ride there are lots of towns, resturants nearby.
One bar was in Lido where the boats fill up with petrol near the resturant da Rino. The staff were great, as soon as eye contact was made. Service was on the way. The location is right on the waters edge and views of the lake as the sun goes down made it a beautiful stop for refreshments.
The site is small and the pool was only open from 0900 to 1800 but when choosing sites this can be a benefit in what you want from a holiday. The caravans have lots of space around them and encourage you to park your car near the van. The staff are helpful and our rep Christina was great from thomson alfresco. Checking on us often and full of local information if needed. If you want a quiet space then this site is ideal.
I have been to sites in Tuscanny that have steeper hills to walk around but think this site will be great for those wanting more peace and quiet. It was a short walk to the waters edge where we had a picnic and swam in the lake. If you have any dingys or water sports then the lake is ideal.
Cycling around the area is a little hilly and in June was hot for some reason. high 30s. Made it more of a reason to only relax by the pool.
The only fault we found was trying to find the site with the information given. My sat nav sending us some 1000 mtrs down the road. The site is marked at certain points but once found is not a issue.
Salo nearby had lots of Italian weekend motor cyclists. Divers on the lake edge and music at night. All far away from our site but easliy reached in 20 mins drive if you wanted to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Camping Europa Silvella is situated in one of the prettiest areas of Lake Garda, where the hills of the Valtenesi meet the calm waters of the lake. Overlooking the Gulf of Manerba, it faces the unmistakable profile of La Rocca and Isola dei Conigli (Island of Rabbits). There is more than 70,000 sqm of greenery, where the smells and colours of nature meet the comfort, tranquillity, and facilities of a modern tourist complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Camping Europa Silvella reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camping Europa Silvella Hotel San Felice Del Benaco
- Camping Europa Silvella Lake Garda/San Felice Del Benaco, Italy