Stayed first 2 weeks of July 2011, blessed with perfect weather. We stayed in a Eurocamp mobile home. As everyone says the site is steep, but worth it for great views. Top to bottom of site involves about 100 steep stairs and a couple of hundred metres uphill walk - decide for yourself whether that's workable. Our young boys didn't complain...
Site facilities were good rather than spectacular, but again kept our kids happy. Good pools at both top and bottom, the top one has 2 good waterslides, and both have playgrounds nearby. The limited campsite kids entertainment was at best OK - our kids enjoyed the nightly discos, even if the europop kids tunes ("Cotton eye Joe" in Dutch!) rather did the parents' heads in! The site shop is a bit mediocre. The restaurant has lovely views from the terrace - pizzas and salads there were fine but I thought the other main dishes were a bit ropey. The little port of Portese is about 5-10 mins walk, very picturesque and has 2 v good restaurants. The site also has its own private pebbly beach and jetty on the lake, great for lake swimming and v popular.
We stayed in a Eurocamp mobile home. Generally speaking (and this is a generalisation rather than covering everything) the Eurocamp pitches are on the flatter bit at the top of the site, the Canvas ones have the best views situated either at the top of the steep hill or on the terraces on the steep hill, and the Thomson ones were on a terraced area to the side without the advantage of the views. But there's a fair bit of variety so worth trying to specify what you want when you book.
Most of all Lake Garda is a beautiful place to be. Lots to see, do and explore, and the W side of the lake where this site is seemed nicer to us than the crowded SE side where many other campsites are. The nearest town to the site is Salo, about 3 km drive, which has loads of restaurants, lovely lakeside boardwalk, and good supermarkets.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Camping with lake view at San Felice del Benaco will offer you a relaxing holiday.Green and relaxing landscapes with spectacular panoramas, everywhere blue nuances of sky and water: Lake Garda offers plenty of variety with something new every day... Camping Eden Village is situated in one of the most picturesque parts of the Gulf of Salò. This is an area rich with tradition and history, and famous for its cuisine. Lying by the lake, the fragrance and colours of the flowers in bloom are in perfect harmony with the tranquil and relaxing atmosphere of the Village.Camping Eden can offer at the same time a relaxing but also dynamic holiday. The open spaces and gardens, private beach, 3 swimming pools, waterslides, restaurant-pizzeria-bar, snack bar, minimarket, together with a choice of accommodations and services like chalets, mobile homes, pitches, showers, washbasins, laundry provide an ideal location for all tastes.The tennis court, football field, beachvolley ground, children's playgrounds, video games are available for guests entertainment. Camping Eden assures to the customers a service of info and reservation for cultural manifestations and sports (golf, sailing, windsurf and riding). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Camping Eden Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Camping Eden Village Hotel San Felice Del Benaco
- Camping Eden Village Lake Garda/San Felice Del Benaco, Italy