“Villa Luisa”

Hotel Villa Luisa Resort & Spa
Zagreb, Croatia
“Villa Luisa”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Nice villa to stay,beautifully located.A little too hot in the rooms (we kept windows opened). Jacuzzi on the terrace could be free of charge for the guests.Otherwise,very nice and cozy hotel. We stayed too short,so we didn't use the spa,so I cannot tell anything about it.i prefered walking around the place and the near small town of Salo,very beautiful and nice nature.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We've just being to this resort, we were 2 couples of friends and we did enjoy this hotel! The rooms are big enough, very clean, the restaurant is good (portions a bit small though) and the SPA is beautiful (area relax a bit small). But the best thing is the service: the staff is friendly, useful and polite. Very relaxing experience

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Francesca F
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 29, 2013

5 of us stayed here in September as part of a 12 day trip to Italy. This was the closest accommodation we could find to Monza, as we had tickets for the GP.

The hotel is located on the hillside above Lake Garda in the village of San Felice del Benaco. It's a good base for exploring Lake Garda.

No luggage assistance was offered (which appears to be the norm in Italy) which I find quite surprising especially as my nephew is in a wheelchair, and assistance would have been appreciated. Never mind, we managed on our own.

The pool is really great, and my nephew really enjoyed an entire afternoon playing in the water.

Staff all very friendly and helpful. We had to ask for our AC in our room to be turned down on a couple of occasion's as we found our room a little too warm for our liking, so be sure to request this service at reception as the controllers in the rooms do not control the temp. in your room.

Shower cubicles a little tight - I kept wondering how the larger, taller German gentlemen staying in the hotel coped with this, as I am short and petite!

Lots of great restaurants down the road - Gran Fausto in Portese was our favourite (free parking after 7pm).

Also make sure you visit Maestri del Gelato, one block before Spar as you're driving in on the SP39 road.

And take a cruise on the Lake, from Salo with Bee Boat Servie Day Tours (details are on Trip)

Room Tip: As for a room with a view! And remember to ask for your AC temperature to be adjusted at reception.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank JLBB-K
Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 weeks with our son and daughter at the end of July 2013. We had 2 interconnecting rooms with a small garden at the rear. The rooms were fantastic, the beds very comfortable and the rooms were maintained and cleaned each day to an extremely high standard. The hotel Manager, Alberto, and his staff made us feel very welcome and no request was too much. The food was great and the wine selection was fantastic (The maitre'd Nicola will know what I'm referring to here). We thoroughly enjoyed the pool and the bar staff were fantastic. The location was central for most places, and the motorway was around 20 mins from the hotel.
All in all, I can thoroughly recommend this hotel for quality, cleanliness, friendliness and comfort.
Superb for families with children of all ages

Room Tip: The Comfort rooms were very 'comfortable'.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank MadBadger1967
Perugia, Italy
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Unfortunately I am unable to review the wellness facilities as I stayed here overnight as I had business the following day.

The room was discounted and was very comfortable, especially the bed which was huge. The mattress was extremely good quality, the air conditioning worked well and without noise. Breakfast was ok but I really don't much care for coffee from machines but I understand this is the case in most hotels now.

It is a very quiet spot but only 10 minutes walk into the nearby village, which is interesting. I would definitely go back and look forward to indulging in some wellness..finally!

The staff were courteous enough to allow me an extension on my check out to facilitate my work appointment. I was very grateful for their kindness:)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ianki
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed there for a week. Great time - staff excellent - food quite pricey. You don't pay for anything until you check out which isn't a great idea - we had to end up questioning charges on your bill - it turned out we were charged twice for some items. Location ideal.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are lovely - doors opened out onto a lovely area where you could see the pool.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SunLover215
Bergamo, Italy
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel was a really surprise! the room are very clean, spacious and comfortable; friendly and polite staff, a beautiful swimming pool and a fantastic wellness center....It's located in San Felice del Benaco - Garda Lake - near Desenzano! If you arrive by car no problem, the hotel has a free underground parking.
My husband and I hope to come back in Villa Luisa soon!! Thanks!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel Porto Azzurro
Hotel Porto Azzurro
#8 of 67 in Sirmione
Hotel Parchi del Garda

Been to Hotel Villa Luisa Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!