“Great and calm place”

Locanda del Gardoncino
Prague, Czech Republic
“Great and calm place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We spend few days in this B&B near Garda lake and it was simply great.
The rooms are nice, we received multiple advices and recommendations for places/restaurants to help us. Breakfast were nice with home cakes etc.
Beach is accessible by walk and you can choose from more places (please count with 10min).
We can not complain on anything and will be happy to come back!

Simply great place with great mood

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
foodtrotter77, Direttore at Locanda del Gardoncino, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
Dear Guests,
thank you very much for your very important words for us! When I read your review I appriciate all the words you use but in particular " great mood".
I think that a place is nicer if it has a great mood... so I'm very happy that you feel good in our Locanda. We try to give all our good energy and passion to this work so we are very very happy when our Guests receive them!
If you will come back it will be a big pleasure to see you again.
I wish you a fantastic life! With all my good mood many many thanks again! Serena

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Hebrew first
Hamburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

I have stayed at Locanda del Gardoncino for one weekend in September and have to say that it is an amazing place with a wonderful host, Serena. She did everything to make our stay welcoming and warm, I just loved the beautiful room with awesome views over the lake from the balcony. The furniture is just amazing and everything from decoration to linen matches the beauty of the old Italian house which has been restored with so much taste. The breakfast was rich and plentyful. There even is a pool in the nice garden area. I very much enjoyed my stay and can only recommend this B&B to all travellers going to the area who are looking for an awesome place to stay. Thanks Serena!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IsabellaFarAway
cornwall
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2011

What a beautiful B&B. Our room had a balcony overlooking Lake Garda; our hostess, Serena, could not have been more welcoming or helpful. The room (La Rocca) was spacious and decorated to an excellent standard; good quality linens and a comfortable bed. The bathroom was superbly equipped. Everything absolutely spotless. Effective air-con; a small fridge to keep your wine cool as you sipped a sun-downer! Perfection! Breakfast, varied and plentiful.
There are flower-filled gardens and a swimming pool ... but no parking (the only downside, although there were spaces available nearby.) I wish we had stayed longer. Grazie, Serena. I hope to come back soon.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Tarzana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2011

This lovely and charming family-run boutique B&B is a gem, with its location in a medieval village that overlooks the sparkling Lago di Garda. Several walking paths lead to farms and fields, hilltop churches, a town center, numerous cafes and restaurants...and the lake. The manager and hostess, Serena, must be one of the most hospitable persons one could hope to meet; nothing is too much trouble, and the daily full breakfast of cereals, breads, regional cakes and cheeses, yogurt, fruit, eggs, juice and fresh coffee is extra special thanks to Serena's sunshiny demeanor. The B&B is filled with country charm, A-plus views from the flower-filled garden, patio and windows, and great comforts and cleanliness. Easy drives to other beautiful and historic villages are highly recommended. Parking is available a few steps away at an ancient church and a hilltop lot. Do yourself a favor and stay here!

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lovetotravelTarzana
Neerpelt, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2010

It was a very pleasant experience staying at this Bed and Breakfast.

The B&B is located in a quite area, in a typical narrow Italian street. There are a couple of very nice restaurants around the B&B, and the host/hostess do a great job on showing you the most beautiful places.

It is recommended to rent a car, because most places are not within walking distance . The room price includes a nice typical Italian breakfast, which includes pie, fresh fruit, cheese, and so on. The room was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable, but smalish.

There is also a nice little pool in the backyard, and the garden is absolutely wonderful.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple