“Nice place to visit Garda Lake”

Manerba del Garda Resort
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Place quite OK to spend a couple of days around Garda Lake. Nice swimming pools, clean appartment.
But obviously set up and decoration were not terminated when we've rent it...
Still good value for money.
Lack of WIFI...

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stayed 6 days and it was not bad! We have arrived just after the peak season and the hotel was half empty. The pool was closed in the same day for winter season.
it was difficult to find the hotel which is at the end of Moniga and just before Manerba. Please do not follow the Google maps indications! Just pass the main street of Moniga in the Manerba direction and than turn right (in front of Trattoria Tre Santi) and follow the signs.
They have a new management (formerly Borgo resort, Amethyst hotel) and they have to build facilities. I will estimate this hotel is not more than 3 stars at the moment.
They do not have any bar, shops or other facilities except rooms, elevator, pool and breakfast.
No problems with the parking! However any guest need to have a car, otherwise he has to walk long distances for basic services (eat, shop...). No public transport in the area.
The staff is very helpful and service oriented (especially Mrs. Roberta). All of them with a big smile on their face.
The rooms are big, clean and airconditioned. A small fridge is available.
However, the maid forgot to drop a piece of soap during 3 days and she did it after we have claimed at the reception. in other hand she have cleaned well the room and we had clean towels daily.
Our room was on the pool level and had a small patio. It was comfortable and quiet.
The breakfast is very "basic" with basic and cheap ingredients, but sufficient. The problem is that they have only one person to serve and clean. It happen often that the guest have to wait long for rolls, or for croisant or any other ingredient. (for example, I did not have the chance to taste the eggs. The tray was empty during all the stay). The drinks are "mashine made".
I believe that the new management will improve since the place has a good potential.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dan b
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The hotel is very nice and pleasant to stay in. Breakfast is marvelous and really remembarable.
Time of vacation was a bit problematic since it was off season and most options were closed but the hotel staff was kind and pleasant and guided us very well to nearby attractions.
Recommended although I booked another hotel and referred to this one.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 2, 2011

We were able to book on Hostelworld.com a room for the New Year's Eve weekend, despite the hotel did close 2 months before our arrival (it's closed in winter but in the description they FORGET to write it). We paid the deposit and we received the receipt but when we arrived, after an endless research, we found everything CLOSED in a creepy state: the pools still full, the alarm was ringing (since 15 days till now as a local man told us), the entrance was blocked with chairs!! Nobody around there and no contact for claiming!

Get there is a real nightmare, no signs in Manerba del Garda to reach the hotel; the street ends in a torrent before reaching the number 69 (the number at which the hotel is located). The hotel's phone was unreachable and there wasn't another contact. We spent about 1 hour driving around there on rough roads, asking to every person we met and ringing every doorbell; after 1 hour a women told us to try searching in Moniga del Garda, where we finally found the hotel. The nightmare seems to be ending: wrong. Hotel Closed. No one out there.

They can charge people for no-showing, what should i say?

So we were without a roof on New Year's Eve.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
6  Thank EnricoBacis
Reviewed June 9, 2010

The hotel put a comment on that they sometimes don't do anything to the guest and they give a bad review. Well I only ever give a bad review if the hotel is bad and this hotel is very bad ! Its new and shiny and very pink but the staff are not trained in customer service and I would guess that there is a lack of staff numbers there. The grounds despite being all new look scruffy and unkempt and a bit like faulty towers !
I booked the hotel with Expedia as they are a trustworthy company. After I booked I did notice the review on TA that said the hotel had been closed when paid guests arrived. We were in Switzerland the day before we were due to arrive and we received a telephone call from Expedia to say that the hotel didnt have the hotelroom we had booked and paid for. They had emailed us but of course we were already on holiday and no access to internet. They said the hotel had an apartment 2 mins away. We felt a bit stranded as were due to drive there the next day for an overnight stay on route to a friends wedding. They said we could have complimentary SPA entrance as a bit of a sorry. We found the hotel by looking in Moniga del Garba. Its minutes from the lake by car but no real access to the lake at all and in the middle of nowhere with a couple of campsites nearby.
Check in was friendly and the girl on reception tried her best. This is when the fun started she said she would walk us to the apartment. OH DEAR ! we walked across the road to unkept grounds of apartments there was old fridges and washing machines outside apartments and weeds. She couldn't open the door as the key wouldnt work. We waited outside on the steps and she went for another key. Still no joy. Another lady turned up a few minutes later and was a bit rude said the maintenance had changed the key and not told them. We were shown into the apartment and it was nothing flash and I would have preferred my hotel room. The furniture was cheap but new and no airconditioning (not good in June) and the small bathroom had a washing machine in it and dirty mops and brushes with a dirty mop bucket. I did ask why the key had not been checked before we arrived given the overbooking issue.
We didnt have any choice but to take the room. We asked for air con. The woman on reception said she had a portable unit it was heavy and could my husband lug it from reception 100 metres away to the room. Now this is terrible service and sorry not what I expected when I had paid to stay there in a 4 star hotel. We settled for a fan. The woman said we were lucky to stay in the apartment as these cost more than the hotel rooms. They looked mostly empty to me and the surrounding area was terrible with the weeds etc. Then there was no hot water. The rude woman when I went to reception replied " tell me" when I stood and waited for her to finish with a bus load of german guests that had arrived. Obviously the tour groups get the special customer service. I did notice that there was another overbooking with expedia on her list. She said it was expedias fault I did point out that trip advisor had a review on it saying that there had been another booking when the hotel was actually closed !

The hot water had gone off as the boiler had gone off due to the electric switch in the kitchen the rude receptionist said. Sorry for wanting a hot shower in a 4 star hotel.
The breakfast was nothing special. WE were instructed where to sit by one woman, sat down told to move to another table by another man. Customer service this hotel would not know it if it bumped into them. I am in the process of complaining to Expedia as the whole experience was terrible and we wasted our energy and money staying here when there are far better places to stay on Lake Garda.
We did find a little restaurant on a nearby holiday camp that did great pizzas its outside the hotel to the left walk down the lane and 200 metres on the left is a pizzeria.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank charlie_dog
Reviewed April 6, 2010

We came to the hotel and it was closed! It was not a season yet. The opening is after Easter. The man at the counter did not find our reservation. But he transfered us to better hotel. So we are not complaining. It looked clean and brand new from outside, but the location is terrible. Very far from the road and from the lake. The GPS couldn't find the adress. We drove about 1 hour in circles and asked everyone we found. No one new about this hotel! Finally we discovered that it's not in Manerba del Garda! It's in another city close to it named Moniga del Garda! So if you look for this in Manerba, you won't find it!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Ilana2010
Reviewed June 28, 2009

Hotel Amethyst I'll come back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wonderful place!I love it!
I Spent 10 fantastic sunny days! This Hotel is at 500 mt from the Lake. It's situated at the end of Moniga and at the beginning of Manerba. A new wonderful structure, wonderful people, wonderful swimming pools and very very nice wellness center.
I came here from the half of June till few days ago.
I received a very good service during all my days. The Restaurant is very nice and food is..................E.....X....C.....E.....L.....L....E...N....T!!!!!!!!!! Never I ate so good in a Hotel.
This Hotel is very equipped for all the service that a tourist need.
For sure I'll come back the next year.
See soon Amethyst Hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee