“A wonderfull experience in argentina”
Review of Atamisque

Atamisque
Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Tupungato
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: El restaurante se encuentra en la finca del mismo nombre la cual cuenta con criadero de truchas y las mismas tienen la fama de ser las mejores de la Provincia de Mendoza.
Nantes, France
“A wonderfull experience in argentina”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Travelling in Argentina, I had the opportunity to test the famous trouts of Atamisque. very tasty and served with one of the best wine I have in argentina. People really friendly, service not perfect but this is not the kind of restaurant totally without soul and life. One of my best experinence of this french owned place. Also a unique opportunity to visit the Finca which is probably one of the nicest in this area. Don't hesitate to ask the people of the casa of turismo to arrange it. They are totally at your service. If you enjoye nice place and quiet place, go there.

Mendoza, Argentina
“NOT WORTH THE TRIP!”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I went out of my way to try the restaurant at this bodega because of the wonderful reviews and now I regret it. The food was good but definitely not worth the dismal service. It was just offensively bad. If the terrible waitstaff wasn't enough, the manager stood nearby clearly listening in on our displeased lunch conversation and did nothing. There's really no hope for the waiters/waitresses with a manager like that. You can find much better service along with better food and wine much closer to Mendoza City.

1 Thank AbbySojit
Mendoza, Argentina
“the food does not compensate for the bad service”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

The trout dishes were tasty but the food did not compensate for the inadequate service which was at best negligent and at worst unforgivably rude. Certainly not worth the trip. What is remarkable is that we were seated only a few feet away from the manager's station. It was obvious that the lady at this station had witnessed the inadequate service and yet she did absolutely nothing to try to improve our experience. From the moment we waked in the door we were greeted by someone who accused of us making a mistake in our reservation. She claimed our reservation had been for two people and not three. This was not the case. As a matter of fact, a table set for three by the window mysteriously stayed empty during out entire lunch while we were squeezed into a dark corner. Never mind that the customer is always right and a can-do attitude goes a long way. It simply never occurred to the person who was seating us that I am less likely to make a mistake about my name or the number of people in party than someone who is answering the phone! We were poured a taste of the wine but were expected to refill our glasses ourselves. This would be alright for half the price and if we were not eating a winery When I asked what was in one of the desserts, it was named Amor de Dulce de Leche so there was no way to know much about it except for the main ingredient, the waitress was not able to explain the contents. I had to ask about each possible ingredient. Is it a cake with flour? What are the other ingredients? Not only was she barely able to answer, she behaved like it was wrong for me to be asking. I am originally from Argentina and Spanish is my first language. This was not a language problem but rather poor training and zero supervision. I live in Mendoza and spend a great deal of time taking my international family to visit restaurants and wineries but have never experienced anything so awful. I had been to Atamisque on one previous occasion which had been less than ideal but the place is beautiful and the trout was fresh. I was giving it one more chance. Never again.

2 Thank Ingrid S
Texas, United States
“Wonderful trout tasting menu”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

After wine tasting at Atamisque (in a separate area, also excellent) we had the lunch trout tasting menu at Atamisque. Each dish was unique and delicious. The food was paired with wine. The ambiance is good and service was great. Highly recommended (combine trip with wine tasting at the winery).

• Visited November 2013
New York City, New York
“Restaurant, Wine and Trout!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

If you need a break from the Asado and red-meat-fest that is Argentina, try the trout at this quaint restaurant that raises their own trout and makes great wine too! We went for lunch and tried the trout 2 different ways - smoked and sauteed - with different sides, and everything was great. Strongly recommend the drive for all those foodies out there....

• Visited October 2013