All reviewsuco valleymain buildinggreat hoststhe perfect place to stayate hereselection of wineswine countryhour drivemendoza areasergiowinerieslunchmiddlemountainsaccommodationcatsduplexes
Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had such a wonderful time at Tupungato Divino. Everyone from Christine to Sergio and Pablo were really warm and lovely giving great advice and playing with our daughter (2yrs old). The very friendly dog who lives with Christine had recently had puppies so there were three adorable pups who kept our child entertained for hours. Not to mention fish to feed and space to run around in and lovely food and a fire in the bedroom. We were all sad to leave.
Sergio is an architect and you can see the attention to detail in the cabins which are warm, spacious, spotless and beautifully finished. So many highlights of our 3 days here... sitting on the sunny decks sheltered from the winds, waking to a stunning view of the andes from our bed, visiting the nearby wineries - especially recommend La Azul. Highly recommended!
The only thing which would have made it more perfect for me was if the wifi was available in the rooms - you have to go to the main building to access it - but my family were happy that it cut down the amount of time I spent working.

Room Tip: All the cabins seem well located, they have the same orientation towards the mountains. The way the wind was blowing during our time meant the cabins on the south side were more sheltered.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2012

This was our favorite place on our entire trip! The view is incredible of the mountains, and the food is absolutely delicious. Their chef was so nice and has so much talent! She even prepared us tapas for dinner, as we did not have our own rental car to go out for a meal. As it is a bit farther away from Mendoza (in the Valle de Uco region), I would recommend renting a car to get there and to explore the nearby vineyards. I would highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Tupungato was the perfect place to unwind, relax, drink fabulous wine and take in the spectacular mountainous views.

We had breakfast, lunch and dinner at the restaurant - where both the menu and personalised service was second to none. Alongside our gorgeous meals, we enjoyed some beautiful local wines, including a light Chardonnay during the day and a bold Malbec by the fire at night.

The service was amazing, from the coffee delivered to our door in the morning to the guided trekking trip up the Andes with the very generous Sergio. He also organised a private driver for us on our last day to take us to some of the areas most well know wineries as well as some private wineries, which was a fantastic experience in itself.

Everything about this place was perfect. It was last October that we stayed at Tupungato and we're already planning our next trip back.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 31, 2012

My girlfriend and I were supposed to stay here for two nights, but we ended up staying for 5 nights. That says it all doesn't it..?

We arrived by car from Mendoza city after sunset and would probably have had a challenge to locate it, if we hadn't stopped by the tourist office in Tupungato. When we woke up the next morning we had no idea that we would have one of the most spectacular views we have ever seen (yes, we have lots of mountains where we come from, but this was something extra-ordinary) from any B&B window or hotel room for that matter.

The location of the wine-hotel is perfect for those who want to visit one of the local vineyards, to enjoy long lunches viewing the fantastic scenery, and even go on a horseback ride like we did one of the days. We also visited the vineyards Salentein & Andeluna that both offered fantastic lunch combined with wine tasting and (english speaking) tours.

Both Sergio and Pablo were very helpful and service minded during our stay, and we felt that we had really picked the perfect place to stay. Even though we had most of our meals other places during day-time, we also got the chance to enjoyed good food and Sergio's wine recommendations.

The rooms are spacious, clean and have a nice romantic & modern touch. We spent hours on our terrace drinking wine and enjoying the scenery.

We both highly recommend Tupungato Divino to everybody that would like to visit the area.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights at the end of September. After staying at the wine hotels close to Mendoza, we wanted to be even closer to the Andes. So we went to Tupungato Divino, which was an excellent choice! The place is right between the vineyards and the views of the Andes are stunning - see other reviews. On top of this, the service provided is fantastic. They serve a great lunch, and if you stay there, they serve a light diner. Still very tasty and perfect if you had one of those meaty lunches. The rooms are spacious and have a private terrace. Great for reading a book and drinking wine. When I told the owner I wanted to take a walk in the mountains, the co-owner offered to take me on a walk he often takes. We went quite high and even saw a Condor. Very special experience. When I asked what the charge was, he was very clear: it had been his pleasure to take me for the climb. You get a great stay with people who still act 'normal' and don't charge you for every little thing. If that's rural, then great by me! Would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple