All reviews uco valley main building great hosts the perfect place to stay ate here selection of wines wine country hour drive mendoza area sergio wineries lunch middle mountains accommodation cats duplexes
Reviewed November 28, 2010

This small little hotel is a hidden gem in the Mendoza wine vallley. Situated at just a good hour drive from Mendoza city this place has everything to spend a most relaxing couple of days in very peaceful surroundings. The owners are extremely service minded and will go that extra mile to make you feel like kings. Best place we have stayed in Argentina.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2010

My review concern the restaurant because we did not stay there. I understand that the place is pretty remote but then its kind of strange to give a bad review because the place is remote!!!

We discovered this place because after a wonderfull visit and tasting at Clos de los Siete (in the Cuvelier Bodega), the master sommelier recommended it to us. When we got there (at the end of a dirt road) around 14:30, we tought that we would get a "regular" meal just by the look (rustic) and the location of the place. What a surprise!! I have eaten much worse in some great restaurant in Napa valley or even Paris for 10 times the price! For 90 pesos (around $25, april 2010) you get 3 exquisite courses. This is like a mini French Laundry (in Napa) with rustic decors and a superb view of the moutains (and without a snobish waiter). This is definitively the best place we have eaten during our 15 days trip (Mendoza and Buenos aires). I generally don't enjoy dessert that much but the syrah granité was heaven!!! Also they propose wines that are from wineries surrounding them. Try an Azul grand reserva malbec (the reserva is less expensive but also very good).

Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank FatherLogan
Reviewed March 1, 2010

I stayed there during the off-season and loved it. While remote, it was kind of difficult to get there since I took a remis, but the owners, Sergio and Pablo were very sweet and accommodating. It was quite pricey, but I got very personal service. Sergio even drove me and toured with me to the vineyards for wine tastings, introduced me to their family, and drove me to the bus depot to return to Mendoza, then BAs. The breakfast was much more abundant than I needed. The lodging had been designed and built by Pablo, an architect, and had a warm, spacious, cozy fireplace in the master bedroom, and a guest room with small fridge. Elegant evening snacks welcomed me after I arrived. Beautiful views of the mountains, clean air. Mostly only Spanish was spoken, which was fine with me, so I practiced more.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed February 13, 2010

We had planned to stay at Tupungato Divino but sadly were not able to visit Mendoza as we had gone over our budget. That said, the service that Pablo provided us by e-mail was fantastic. He was helpful with our questions, was quick to respond to e-mails, provided maps and suggestions for hire car companies and tours.

Tupungato sounds like a real gem and if we do ever make it to Mendoza, we will definitely be staying there.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 6, 2009

We came to Tupungato Divino looking for a place to relax after a busy and somewhat stressful trip, and were very pleased with what we found. The rooms are really beautiful, spacious and very thoughtfully appointed. Comfortable beds, bottles of wine, a real fire and our own private terrace looking out over a stunning view of the surrounding vines and the snow-capped Andes beyond. It feels absolutely remote and peaceful, but is also in driving distance of many of the other bodegas in the area. The restaurant serves a main meal in the middle of the day, but if you are staying overnight, a light but tasty meal of empanadas and tapas offered is perfect with some very good local wine. The owners are really delightful and friendly, and made us feel very welcome.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple