Peter is the perfect host. I was stuck in traffic waiting for the ferry so my friend went in to ask about prices. Peter came out and told me to come in. He helped get me out of the line and find a temporary parking place. Then after we checked in, he got in the car with me and showed me where their parking was and how to keep the back door open so I could unload.
The ensuite room was large and comfortable. The bathroom was also quite large and had lots of hot water. That was a must after our previous B&B, which didn't have any.
Peter introduced us to the staff by name. The next morning, we were greeted by name by someone we hadn't met the night before. It turns out that she was Peter's wife.
This was our second night in Ireland and I was exhausted after two nights of very little sleep. That was the best sleep I'd had in a long time.
The staff are all welcoming and friendly. Our night here showed me some of the best customer service I've ever seen. It was worth every penny we spent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Cuan Licensed Guest Inn is a family owned and run hotel located in the beautiful conservation village of Strangford, on the shores of Strangford Lough. We offer a fantastic food experience, available all day, with a passionate commitment to sourcing local seasonal produce. At the Cuan, we believe in the personal touch that comes with a family run business – you give us our livelihood – we reflect that in the way we look after you. Plan a short break with us and explore the breadth of attractions and things to do in Co Down. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your The Cuan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cuan Hotel Strangford
- The Cuan Strangford, Northern Ireland