“What a find”

Ranked #1 of 2 Strangford B&B and Inns
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“What a find”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

We have just had the most fantastic sea food platter ever. My husband says the guinness is quality as well. The welcome and service was fantastic. We where staying on our yacht so i cannot review the rooms but Strangford is a very enchanting place and very friendly. I heartily recommend Cuan for a meal.

Room Tip: Sorry we didn't stay there.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KayP28
TheCuanCoDown, Owner at The Cuan, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear KayP 28
Many thanks for taking the time to do a review for us. Our seafood platter is an amazing dining experience with over 15 varieties on seafood on the one platter - seeing (and eating) is believing!
Treat yourself t to Dinner B&B the next time KayP 28.
Caroline, Peter & Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Uddingston
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just returned from a 3 day break staying in Bar View Cottage owned by Caroline and Peter from the Cuan Hotel. We had a lovely stay in this beautiful 2 bedroom cottage. It was so relaxing and within a couple minutes walking distance from hotel. We hope to return in the not too distant future to enjoy another great holiday. Caroline, Peter, Colman and the whole staff team were very friendly and made us feel so welcome. AML

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
TheCuanCoDown, Owner at The Cuan, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Anne Marie L
Congratulations!!! - you are the first person to review our new self-catering cottage and you certainly did it in style. The work on the garden should br complete by your return so you can sit out and enjoy uninterrupted views of Strangford Lough.
Many thanks Anne Marie L
Caroline, Peter, Colman & Team
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I booked one nights accommodation B&B and evening meal for my husbands birthday. We had a wonderful time. The owners Peter and Caroline took time to talk to us and made us feel very welcome. If you enjoy seafood this is certainly the place to eat. Our evening meal was fabulous all made with local produce. Our room was clean and welcoming and we had a great nights sleep. We even had a cuppa before we went to bed with the tea making facilities in the room. We will be back for another overnight stay in the not too distant future. I would suggest that you contact the hotel/restaurant direct to check their rates before booking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
TheCuanCoDown, Owner at The Cuan, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Caroline716
Many thanks for taking the time to do a fantastic review for The Cuan, it certainly helps built a great picture for us. We hope to see you again soon Cariolin716.
Ballymoney
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My friend Tim and I stayed at the Cuan and we had a wonderful experience. The hospitality, food, Strangford Lough like glass. Shear heaven. The local peeps are extremely friendly and the Cuan staff like coming home to best friends .Tim and I wanted to stay for ever.
I once reviewed Bennan's seafood chowder. I could not help calling in to tell them that as good as it is ... the Cuan trumps theirs. I think I am barred. Kidding.
Coleman (who knows amazing things and him and Tim chin wagged like bros while I listened and grinned), Diane, Bronagh and the wonderful hosts Peter and Catherine could not do enough for us. I never thought I would hear Timothy, Lord Belmont in Northern Ireland, describe an Inn as better than a 5* hotel ... but he did. That will give you a clue as to how great it is. I guess it will be booked out for ever now that we have made the much deserved mistake of telling you all about it. Fair is fair. We were treated sooo well and had such a great time I have to compliment the Cuan ... Loove you guys MMx

Room Tip: Just go ... ask for a room overlooking the square ... Strangford is beautiful. Bring a Kayak and hav...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BallymoneyNumptynuts
Dear BallymoneyNumpt...
We should take you on board for PR!!! We really appreciate the wonderfully enthusiastic review you did for The Cuan. Keep up your good work and we will keep up our end. Hope to see you again.
Many thanks
Caroline, Peter, Colman, Diane, Bronagh & Team.
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We had the centenary titanic menu and exceeded any reservations I had. Delectable food from a far gone era. The male host was a delight, knew the food and drink to complement inside out. True professional . and I can truly say I have never experienced finer fare !!! All locally sourced and traced which was a fine experience which I will avail of again for sure !!!!

• Stayed July 2012
Dear benjamin05_11
Many thanks for your wonderful review. There are many more special events for you to choose from in our events booklet, available to view on our website.
Carrickfergus
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We were down for a wedding, starting with a family dinner on Thursday evening. From this, through to the rooms, the langoustines on Friday, huge smoked haddock breakfast to fill the pre-event stomach on Sunday, and bacon rolls and Bloody Marys on the green on Sunday lunch....everything was very good.

Hospitality is well documented already, and the food is excellent. Both Peter and Caroline are patient, and nothing seems to be a problem. Rooms are good, but it's not cheap at £110 per night, but you do get what you pay for!

We will happily book again when next in Strangford.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear McFoisGras
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the rest of the world. It is personally very rewarding when you know you have contributed to making a celebration even more special.
We look forward to your next stay.
Ireland
Reviewed June 9, 2013

In the middle of May I was at the Cuan for a meal for my birthday.My friends took me there
I must say it was the worse meal I have ever had there. The chicken Maryland was cooked in chip pan, chips as hard as sticks and another roast beef dinner was very dried out. I must say it was a night Peter was not there but as I was not paying I did not like to say anything.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank debbymark
Dear debbymark
I was very disappointed to read your review, the two dishes in question are exceptionally popular, indeed the Chicken Maryland came back on to the menu by popular request. It has beem drawn to the attention of Peter and the kitchen team.
yours sincerely
Caroline and Peter
Also consider these accommodations in or near Strangford
Portaferry Hotel
Slieve Donard Resort and Spa
Fiddler's Green Bar and B&B
Fiddler's Green Bar and B&B
#2 of 8 in Portaferry

Been to The Cuan? Share your experiences!