“Great corporate morning!”

Clearsky Adventure Centre
More attraction details
Owner description: Based on the shores of Strangford Lough; just 45 minutes from Belfast. Come to Clearsky Adventure Centre for a wide range of activities on offer to everyone a€" from the young to the young at heart. The centre was also used extensively for the filming of Game of Thrones. As you drive down through the estate you soon realise why the HBO film location scouts chose here; the centres medieval walls and castle clock tower, the beautiful surrounding landscapes and far-reaching views across the water; it was the perfect place to create the fantasy 'Winterfell' - home of the Stark family Adventure days and courses for individuals to large groups. Canoeing, Laser Clay Pigeon Shooting, Kayaking, Sea Kayaking, Abseiling, Rock Climbing, Coasteering, Raft Build and Racing, Archery, Crate Stacking and more. Experience Clearsky &€" inspiration, fun and enjoyment for everyone.
Lisburn, United Kingdom
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great corporate morning!”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

What fantastic weather for a morning at Castleward. Great company, craic, fun and activity. We loved it all! Thanks guys!

Visited June 2013

“Fantastic mini break adventure!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I booked a couples adventure package for my husbands 30th through clearsky. We stayed in a fabulous glamping pod in castleward which was surrounded by beautiful scenery. Also included was bike hire and archey. The pricing was reasonable and the accommodation was great.
I have to admit I was dubious when we set off for our activities as I never cycle and, although my legs and bum ached the next day, it was brilliant. The trails designed for biking were fantastic - weaving through the forest and grounds of the stunning castleward. For me they were a treat to the eye to cycle round while giving my mountain biking crazy husband a fun filled time as he sped through the trees. The archery was just as much fun. Havin recently injured my shoulder I couldn't shoot for too long otherwise we may not have left.. the perfectionist in the hubby wanted all his arrows in gold! We will definitely be heading back for more robin hood training when I am mended!!
I have no doubts we will return here. Even though my other half has several bikes (expensive to boot) we don't envisage taking them along as the clearsky rentals were superb and save the hassle of taking your own along. After spotting the toddler trailers for hire we hope to take our little boy with us next time (maybe this august for his 2nd birthday!) We also spied some adventure playgrounds for kids so plenty to do family wise. I also want to try out the laser shooting on offer and may brave the water activities next time.

Visited May 2013
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“A friendly and well run outdoor activity centre.”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We booked in for a full activity day for my sister's 30th. I've been once before and enjoyed my days kayaking, so I was interested to try out the other activities. I was a tad underwhelmed to hear that our canoeing had been cancelled due to poor weather and substituted for mountain biking! However, it turned out that this was my favourite activity. We cycled along several miles of scenic custom made tracks that were challenging/fun when attacked at speed! Afterwards we went for an indoor option of laser shooting and archery which again were highly enjoyable. A big positive is the attitude and professionalism of the highly personable staff. Really good to see that Mick Hucknall has kept his chin up after hIs music career went south!!! ;) Thanks. Will def use again.

ClearskyAdventure, Front Office Manager at Clearsky Adventure Centre, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thanks for such a great review Mielsibub - we are so pleased that you had such a good time and that your sister was pleased with her birthday day out! Our very own Mick Hucknell and Davy both enjoyed their days and said you were a great group to work with - Mick even said he would perform a little solo next time you're here! Thanks again guys, hope to see you soon.
belfast
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Clearsky adventure centre”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

A well run and efficient adventure centre. We hired bikes here to cycle along routes which was very enjoyable.The staff were very helpful and jolly. We intend to go back this year.

Visited April 2012
Thanks for your comments, the cycle trails really are a lot of fun and you're right about Castle Ward being a beautiful location! Looking forward to seeing you again this year - maybe you'll venture out onto the Canoe trail this time?! Many thanks.
London, United Kingdom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“A great day mountain biking”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The centre has a variety of acticities to offer, we decided to do a half day mountain biking. The bikes were great, and the trails were nicely varied, well sign posted and reasonably accessible. The staff were very helpful and friendly and it is a beautiful location to pass a day in the fresh air.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank grandmec
ClearskyAdventure, Manager at Clearsky Adventure Centre, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thanks so much for taking the time to write this review, we're pleased that you enjoyed your visit and that you like the bike trails, we like them a lot too! You'll have to try the Canoe trail next time! We look forward to seeing you again!