“Absolutely fab”

and 1 more site!
Le Pre de la Cure
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Yvoire
Reviewed October 8, 2013

This hotel is great. Pet friendly throughout. Clean. Comfortable. Well situated. Bedrooms well appointed and a good size. We had a Lake View room which was a little more expensive but well worth the extra. Staff friendly and very helpful. The meals we enjoyed on both nights in the restaurant were delicious and competitively priced. We will not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: The lake view rooms are well worth the extra cost. Plenty of free parking available so if you are vi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy D
There are newer reviews for Le Pre de la Cure

Reviewed September 15, 2013

A friendly family run hotel overlooking an interesting (if rather touristy) medieval village. Good size rooms, good restaurant and lake views. Inside swimming pool and jaccuzi also very nice. Thoroughly recommended

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bluehill
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for one evening this July. The hotel is a great value and is perfectly located, steps across from the old town. The rooms were tastefully decorated, but could use an update.

The room was quite warm so we slept with the windows open.

The restaurant was great and well priced compared to what you will find in the old town.

Definitely pay for the lake view. We enjoyed a bottle of wine on the balcony overlooking the lake. which was a lovely end to our evening in Yvoire.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eve M
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We thought that the hotel was perfect for our short stay in Yvoire. The restaurant was lovely - both for dinner and continental breakfast - and the swimming pool was an added bonus - our 4 year old loved it.
On site parking.
Warm welcome given.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank PJWildflower
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We stayed in Le Pre de la Cure for one night. It's a lovely hotel in an excellent position. We appreciated the free parking, and the indoor pool looked very good, though we didn't try it. Our room was beautifully decorated and had a terrace with a great view over the village and the lake. However, it is not perfect. The first problem was the bed, which while being very wide, was too short for me. I am tall, at 192cm (6'3") but I almost always find hotel beds long enough. Not here. I had to sleep on an angle. Also, the hotel wifi did not work. It was possible to log into the hotel network, but not to reach the internet. I tried to convey the problem to the hotel reception but my poor French and her lack of computer knowledge combined to make this impossible. I hoped that other guests would tell the hotel, but the wifi was still broken next morning. For many tourists like me, wifi is indispensible for phone calls, research and making bookings. I would not stay in a hotel I knew did not provide usable internet access.
Because of the very attractive ambience of the hotel dining room, we chose to dine there, although there is plenty of choice across the road in the old village. We chose a set menu. Although the prices were reasonable, and competitive in the local area, I second the comments of missyperu in her review "average" last June, and add that the creme brulee lacked the wonderful taste I am used to. We accepted the offer of water and found ourselves buying a bottle of expensive local mineral water. Maybe we were naive.
It is no criticism of the hotel that virtually no English is spoken by the hotel staff, who were professional, but not overly friendly. However if you have no French it may be interesting.
Overall, the hotel seemed more Swiss than French, and reminded me why I love France.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank biker99
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Great renovated room, excellent location, free parking and GREAT pool!!!
Very happy with this hotel located just accross the entrance to the beautiful medieval village of Yvoire. Staff is not so smiling but still polite, the cleanliness is top level, very nice garden. I will definetely go back.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank barthe
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Can not say enough good things about this place. Lovely views. Friendly and passionate staff. This was the end of our stay in France and it lived up to every expectation and beyond. We had two excellent meals that we still talk about. The owner was always checking up on us (in a good way) to ensure we were well taken care of. Excellent price. Two nights and two dinners for the same price as one night and dinner anywhere else on our trip. Also, my wife and I still think about the homemade toppings for the yogurt for breakfast. Amazing.

Room Tip: Recommend view of the lake. Opening up the french doors in the morning and looking at the medieval v...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kaleshy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yvoire
Villa Cecile
Hilton Evian-les-Bains
Hilton Evian-les-Bains
#4 of 18 in Evian-les-Bains
Zenitude Hotel-Residences Les Terrasses du Lac
Zenitude Hotel-Residences Les Te...
#3 of 18 in Evian-les-Bains

Been to Le Pre de la Cure? Share your experiences!