“Nice place, amazing surrounding” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hotel Le Jules Verne
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Yvoire
GreenLeadersGold level
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Nice place, amazing surrounding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2012

Me and my family go every year to this nice place. I noticed the name changed but the food is definitely good as it was, even better maybe. I do appreciate the open-minded service, adapting the menu to the different culture and lifestyle. I plan to bing my friends from Saudi after Ramadan.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank Ken S
Luciole74000, Directeur général at Hotel Le Jules Verne, responded to this review, November 6, 2016
Dear Madam,
Dear Sir,

We thank you so much for chosing the Jules Verne Hotel to stay in Yvoire and for writing this comment.

We are glad to read that you appreciated the location, our staff and our services.

We thank you to help us to improve our services.

We hope to welcome you again soon,

Best regards,

Lucie

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
  • Polish first
Genf
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

I was attracted to the Jules Verne by its location by the lake, and the lovely terrace overgrown with greenery. However, I first started doubting my choice when I saw several other guests sending their plates back to the kitchen, untouched. Sadly, my impression got confirmed as I tried to eat my way through a very disappointing meal: starter without any flavour at all (rilettes & foie gras), dry, tough and overcooked filets de perche with fries, all of it totally lacking in finesse and flavour, followed by a dessert devoid of any interest. I have been coming to Yvoire for years, this charming little village hosts a multitude of restaurants who do much better in the kitchen department - nevertheless, I wanted to give the Jules Verne a try, but this was my first and last visit.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Cleanliness
8 Thank Monicakatharina
Dear Madam,
Dear Sir,

We thank you to help us to improve our services.

We hope to welcome you again soon,

Best regards,

Lucie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yvoire
Villa Cecile
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,559 reviews
Base Nyon
Base Nyon
#1 of 8 in Nyon

Been to Hotel Le Jules Verne? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Le Jules Verne

Property: Hotel Le Jules Verne
Address: | Rue du Port - Port de Plaisance, 74140 Yvoire, France
Location: France > Auvergne-Rhone-Alpes > Haute-Savoie > Yvoire
Bar / Lounge Beach Beverage Selection Business Center with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Suites Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Yvoire
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel Le Jules Verne 4*
Restaurant & Hôtel 4*, exceptional view on Geneva lake. Sophisticated & traditional cooking. Specialities: - perches filets, meunière style, - Fishes of the Geneva lake, - Frogs' legs, - Blue lobster of our fishpond(pool), - Beef origin of France. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Le Jules Verne reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.