“Stunning, tranquil haven....”
other travelers have booked this property
Welcome  Sari Tas Ev
Pool
Relax by the Pool
Quiet Corner
BBQ Area
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

SpencerSu...
Surrey
“Stunning, tranquil haven....”
Reviewed July 31, 2016 for a stay in July 2016

We spent a wonderful two weeks in this beautiful villa and it surpassed all our expectations (which were high in the first place). The villa is very spacious indeed, both inside and out, very private and beautifully appointed in a stylish, traditional way. The outside terraces are superb - we used five of them regularly. There are two shaded terraces where my teenagers did their morning yoga besides the stunning, immaculate infinity pool. There are sun beds around the pool and both full sun and shade are available throughout the day on this level. The charming entrance courtyard terrace benefitted from a table tennis table, much to the joy of my son. Traditional wooden and stone steps lead from the pool up to the mid-level of the house. A large side terrace provided shade throughout the day as well as a large dining table and seating area. To the front of the villa is an extensive, deep terrace with two different seating areas, overlooking the pool and with panoramic views of the sea and surrounding coastline - really beautiful. We were travelling with quite a number of teenagers, and there were ample opportunities to sit together or to find a quiet spot away from others.
The villa itself is excellently and thoughtfully furnished from quality crisp bedding to good-sized fridge/freezers, very large bathrooms, handmade complimentary soap, cutlery, cooking utensils, very big sitting room area with traditional wooden trunks, embroidered cushions etc. The air-conditioning units in the bedrooms were highly effective and the views from the terraces, bedrooms and master bathroom really are more breathtaking than the photos suggest. They are uninterrupted and many hours were spent enjoying the vista. Quite simply, it was a real home from home enabling us all to relax in a real haven. We had plans to go out and about but ended up spending most of our time enjoying the villa and walking down to the beach (about 2 minutes walk). The beach is somewhat stony and narrow like many beaches in the area, but there are sandy parts further along and the swimming was amazing. Very clear water with lots of fish to observe if snorkelling. One of our party spotted a turtle offshore and several times we swam to the island across the small channel where the snorkelling is even better.
The night-time lighting of the pool and stone walls surrounding the villa is very swish and romantic - a real feature of the property.
Last but certainly not least, I want to thank the owners, Sue and Yalcin, for their hospitality, kindness and efficiency in all aspects. Sue handled our booking personally with prompt email contact and was very reassuring, happy to answer any small queries that we had. Once at the villa Yalcin was nearby and provided friendship and advice on the local area. We had a super meal by the sea in his restaurant in Gumusluk - don't miss this option!
The logistics of the booking, payment and deposit refund all went seamlessly and we really felt that we had made friends here.
To sum up, this was a truly wonderful holiday made special by a unique luxury villa run by a very special couple. I always try to be as objective as I can be, but there were simply no negatives to include here.
I recommend the villa unhesitatingly and very much hope to visit again.

Management Response
Aug 1, 2016
Many thanks for your kind words- we understand how important holidays are and we hope that our guests enjoy our house as much as we do. Sue & Yalcin
John D
Cloverdale, Canada
“Beyond belief...”
Reviewed March 15, 2012 for a stay in August 2011
people found this review helpful

Can't even begin to describe the location and villa, the photos do not come close to justify the beauty, the atmosphere, sounds and smells. The house itself allows you to relax to another level. Every detail is planned, so you don't have to. My only error in booking was to not let the owners know we needles groceries (basic items to fill the pantry). I gave five stars only because there was it an option for six, great job!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Turn key and value
Liked least: I couldn't stay for six onths
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
rotterdam
Reviewed December 29, 2011 for a stay in June 2011

Recommended for:
Luxury-minded travelers
Gillingham Dorset
Reviewed October 2, 2011 for a stay in September 2011

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Brussels
Reviewed August 18, 2010 for a stay in August 2009

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with young children
Toronto Canada
Reviewed August 6, 2010 for a stay in August 2009
people found this review helpful

Traveling group: Family with teenagers
Berlin - Germany
Reviewed July 28, 2010 for a stay in July 2010

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family (extended)
Your age range 35-44
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing