All reviews honesty shop site manager fire pit hot running water bbq pack fairy doors canvas walls the wood burning oven welcome relief breakfast pack gas hob flushing loo pond dipping farm dogs stunning place thought of everything great fun
Reviewed August 10, 2018 via mobile

Well what can I say ? We had a fantastic time! The weather was not great but that did not matter in the slightest! The glamping tent was superb it had everything you needed for a fabulous time ! Never ending supply of logs for the wood burning oven and the wood burning hot tub ! The Grandchildren had the time of their lives and my daughters 29th Birthday with her husband could not have gone better !! I can’t recommend this destination enough! It was so very special ! Well done to all involved you have created a perfect sanctuary for young and old !! Just superb !

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Dickinson22
Reviewed July 31, 2018

The tents are more like houses with canvas walls! The setting is beautiful, the welcome warm.
It´s definitely off the beaten track, but there are lovely walks from the campsite. If you need a destination there´s the pub or the village shop for extra supplies and afternoon tea.
Had a very peaceful and restful week.. thank-you John.

Room tip: Kingfisher tent at the end means you won´t be disturbed
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Carolyn H
Reviewed July 17, 2018

I have just spent a really super weekend here with my daughter and 4 of her children + Archie - The Dog. We were met by John on arrival and shown the well stocked Honesty shop and then taken over to our 'Tent' - with our belongings piled up in wheelbarrows. When I say 'Tent' this is a loose use of the word as the Tent is amazing - a lovely spacious Safari Style dwelling with 3 bedrooms + open plan kitchen and living space and most importantly a proper loo and a shower - + hot running water! The beds were comfortable, with nice white bedding and big white fluffy bath sheets (I would suggest that perhaps hand towels should be provided as well). The Furnishings were of good quality and everything was to a high standard.
Outside there is a lovely decked terraced with seating and views across the meadow and over to woodland. There is an area of cut grass with a Fire Pit and seating just below the steps from the terrace and with long meadow grass to each side of our pitch there is plenty of room to play.
We were provided with a map of the Farm and on Saturday, followed one of the footpaths through the woods down to a super stream where we could paddle and build dams - shaded from the very hot sun by ancient oaks. Evenings were spent chatting, playing Kick the Can and making S'mores on the fire pit.
The setting is very tranquil and peaceful - with only the sounds of nature - no traffic noise - and certainly a good place to spend time with family and friends, recharging your batteries and making memories.
When I asked my little grandson - Oliver - yesterday which part of the weekend he had liked best - he thought for a minute and then said 'All of it. Granny' and to me that just sums it up!

Date of stay: July 2018
2  Thank Watlingtonwanderer
Reviewed July 6, 2018

A group of 10 of us spent a long weekend here (Friday 22nd June - Monday 24th June) for a bit of a low key pre-wedding get together with family and close friends. From the moment we arrived we were very welcomed and the weekend just got better and better as it went on. John greeted us as we arrived and showed us around the Honesty Shop and the camp site..we were the only booking for the weekend so had the whole site to ourselves! After a bit of a tour, John left us to our own devices but was available on the phone if we needed him (he provided us with some good walking/pub recommendations over the weekend).

The site was very peaceful and tranquil and I dont think you can truley grasp how amazing this place is until you visit for yourself. The accomodation was spectacular and very well kitted out - right down to a cafetiere! It helped that the weather was on our side however I think even if it was a bit cooler or even damp we would still have had a great time here!

There is nothing I can think of that didn't impress us over the whole of the weekend; the animals, the beds, the hotwater bottles, the warm shower, the views, the whole experiences was fantastic. By the time Monday morning came around we were all very sombre and sad to have to go but this was made easier by a text message from John telling us we didnt have to rush off and to pack up in our own time.

I can speak for all of us who were there that weekend, that we will be looking for any excuse or celebration to rebook and return to Lantern & Larks in Kittisford Barton!

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank Rachel H
Reviewed May 12, 2018 via mobile

A groups of 28 of us took over the whole campsite for the early May bank holiday. First I have to say the weather was spectacular so that did help make the weekend amazing but more importantly John and the set up he has in Kittisford is just fabulous.
The tents are super comfortable and equipped with absolute everything you need for your trip. The site was perfect for a large group as we made the most of the “cricket wicket”, “football and rugby pitch”, tennis court... etc. We enjoyed walks to the woods and by the pond and stream.
All our needs were brilliantly catered for by John and as soon as we ran low on wood - he appeared to deliver more. The Honesty shop had everything we needed and was conveniently located so not far to walk. The hot tub was well used and the other great feature was that John allowed us the facility to charge our electric car which was great to know after a long drive from London. I cannot recommend this kind of holiday and specifically this location enough. Loved it! Thanks very much.

Date of stay: May 2018