All reviews comfortable beds free parking mac and cheese scrambled eggs air conditioning caminito kiosk lakes walks el europe
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2018

When I opened the door to our room, it was suffocating and very stuffy. I tried to open the window but it didn't open to the outside so there was no fresh air. I went to reception to ask for a room change, they told me that was the room I booked and if I want a room with windows which open to the outside, I had to pay an extra 20 euros. So I had to pay an extra 20 euros for fresh air. Beware of the enticing low price offered as it may not be suitable for you. We had dinner in the restaurant. The waitress was surly and the atmosphere was unwelcoming. I was served lumps of dried up pork fillet with a pile of chips. If I was a chef, I would be embarrassed to serve this to a customer. I left most of the food on the plate and the waitress did not bother to ask if the food was ok. Our one night stay in this hotel was a bad experience. The good point is it is near to the start of Caminito del Rey and parking on the road was free.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank AmyAmy
Reviewed June 25, 2018

I want to start with the excellent service of the staff.Very polite and always kind to offer help in any questions.Even if our room was to the lowest floor (this was not a problem -personally-for us because we didnt stay all day in the room and spend our time outside for the sightseeings ) the room and the halls's decoration it was what we expected with this old style .The room was in an excellent condition about cleaningness comparing to other 3 stars hotels . A minus is that not have a small refrigerator .Have parking for 3 euros per night.But if you like has a free parking 20 meters to the left of the hotel after the restaurant.

Date of stay: June 2018
1  Thank 901chris
La Posada del C... E, Recepción at La Posada Del Conde, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2018

Thank you very much for your opinion. We are pleased that you have spent a pleasant stay at our hotel.

Reviewed June 21, 2018

The hotel was brilliant, only a short walk from the bus stop at El Kiosk and we had a basic bedroom with a courtyard view. The room was a little dated and had a fair amount of wall damage caused by an old air conditioning leak which had discolored the wall from the ceiling to the bed but that was the only downside. The bathroom was great with a nice hot powerful shower and small 1/2 sized bath and the beds had nice comfortable mattresses which made sleeping very easy. The air conditioning was also very good although you have to get the remote from reception.

As for the location it was great we had lots of walks right on the doorstep and looking back we would of liked to have stayed longer to explore even more (2 days was not enough) haha

The only slight downside was the breakfast which I was expecting similar to other hotels I have been to in Europe but all we got was a baguette with some ham and cheese which was not really what we had in mind. I would of loved some cereal followed by some spanish bacon and scrambled egg which is what I am used to staying in Spain. On the plus side we got some very freshly squeezed orange juice which was unbelievable and very tasty!

All in all a great trip and would definitely recommend and return. We plan on coming again next year :)

The reception staff were also very nice and helpful and kept our luggage safe after we checked out so we could enjoy the lakes on our last day.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brett B

Thank you very much for your opinion.
We are pleased that you have spent a pleasant stay at our hotel.
We will work on the breakfast for the future.

Reviewed May 3, 2018

The location of the hotel is very good if you are going to the Caminito del Rey, but that's all.
The room has a good size but the furniture is outdated and should be changed long time ago.
The bathroom also has a good size but desperatly needs maintenance and there is no curtain in the bathtub.
The air conditioning does't work or they didn't want to give me the control.
Breakfast is poor and is serve in a kind of bar. Dinner was not either very good.
The noise insulation is of the rooms does't exist so when somebody enters or leaves the hotel it looks like they entering the room. the bed was wide but not confortable at all. In one wall it was writen "Boutique hotel Posada del Conde". It must have been some ages ago

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank JHPT

Thank you very much for your opinion.
We regret the inconveniences of your stay.
We are working to improve.

Reviewed January 1, 2018

We didn't stay at the hotel. We walked to the hotel and ate at the restaurant after hiking Caminito del Rey. Great food, quaint atmosphere and very friendly staff. It is definately worth the extra 1/2 Mile or so walk after the hike!

Date of stay: December 2017